Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta question about Benadryl. Now when Bruno broke out in hives and itchy as hell they told me to give him Benadryl. Now he's fine hive wise. But I notice the last few days he has red eyes and itching his snout again. Now no doubt it's from eating the cats food. So I see no need to bring him to the vet. But is it okay to help with his reaction to give him benadryl to help the redness and itching? He doesn't seem to care about it, I'm just thinking I know how I feel with my allergies and its a pain in the butt lol. So I'm wondering if maybe it would help him some. Clear his eyes up and maybe control the itching.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
I'd give it to him. I have given Isabelle benadryl for a variety of things. When she was a puppy she used to get car sick on the way to puppy kindergarten and the vet said to give her 1/2 a benadryl about a half an hour before we left. Worked great. She outgrew the car sickness thank goodness! Anyway - I don't think it would cause any harm - I would think it help with the itching and watery eyes.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

I knew it was harmless and that he could have it. Since he's had it before with his hives. I just wasn't sure if it was a good idea to give with the red eye and itchy nose.

I always need to be assured before I do something LOL (not just with Bruno, but with everything in life LOL)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts