Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since Bella is always so mad at me and insists on eating floor boards and door frames whenever I leave her at home we decided to get her a new crate for when I have to be gone. she seems to like it plenty well when I am home, however, when I leave is a different story! lol. We are getting used to it slowly, and working on adjusting to it when I am not home. I have gotten her a Kong toy to have while in there, and it is good until the food runs out, then its back to her loudness. Here are a few pics of her and her sister Nexus in the crate.

gotta check this place out ..

wait mom! dont leave!

oh, ok, theres the bone, whew!

seriously? you are joking, right?

ok Nexus, you can come in, just dont crowd me

HEY! I said dont crowd!

Nexus: but I only want this toy here ....

Nexus: Ill just drag it over here, no bother ..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congrats! Is it a 90' size crate? I have the same. But don't put soft pillows inside is not recommended for puppies to sleep on soft things :)

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its 42 inches with a divider so I can block part of it off to where she has less room when I leave, as its not good for them to have too much room when confined so they will not eliminate in it. I leave it open when I am home so both dogs can go inside and when I leave I put the divider in giving her enough room to turn around or play with her kong.
I have never heard of it being bad for puppies to sleep on soft bedding, breeders have always said to give them blankets scented with our smell to help them not feel alone while we are gone.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I think he was being sarcastic lol cute pics.

·
Super Moderator
22,015 Posts
I think it depends on the dog whether they can have a bed or not. If your pup isn't a chewer, then a nice soft crate bed is great. Shanoa couldn't have a bed for a while until she outgrew her chewing phase.

Reactions: Herb2relax

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
starlight they are beautiful. Your red girl looks like a grown up version of our Bella. Gourgeous.
aww thanks, she's about 7 1/2 months now, so she still has some growing to do, Im not sure how big she will get as both of her parents were pretty good size. She has such a goofy look at times, with that ear of hers, it stands about half the time, and flops the other half lol.

Reactions: Sherryh
1 - 13 of 13 Posts