Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o.k. heres the thing bella's ears have a slight bend in them, does anyone have any ideas on how i can get them straight? I really dont want to have to post them again, if there is not a method/trick that is more simple then i can live with the bend. just thought i would ask. Thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I kind of like when they have a nice curve to them (see abby's photo in my avatar). If they are folding or flopping over in a particular spot, thats where people use breathe right strips to hold them up, but thats more for just the tips.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I find that bend attractive, if it's what I think you mean. Can you post a picture? As long as they are not flopping over I would not worry about it. I think that is how they are going to be and no amount of posting will correct that I'm pretty sure. The ear experts can chime in here...

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I asked a similar question a while back. We came to the conclusion that it was just how Orson's ears are cropped in the "pet style" and no amount of posting will change it like Okie said.

Here is Orson, his tips aren't weak or floppy....just sloping.

Please share some of those cookies in the oven (ya right!)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help! Bella's ears are sorta similar to orson's. I guess it is just the way her ears were cropped.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
And I have to say i know what i am talking about when it comes to ear cropping,I am probably the forums top ear cropping expert just check out the link below.
http://www.dobermantalk.com/showthread.php?t=1275
DO MAKE SURE YOU GET TO AT LEAST PAGE 2 OF THE THREAD(He says with a worried grin)
:largegr: :largegr: :largegr: :largegr: :largegr: :largegr:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Hahahahahaha brum, you really are a trickster! I will be watching you closely this april first, so you better think long and hard if you are going to get me! :D

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That was a good one!!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Yep.....I like the curve, too. It makes them look softer and not like they are trying very very very hard to get reception! I like 'em cropped or uncropped.....as long as it is a dobe......I don't care.

BTW---I think Orson is a pretty boy.....I mean handsome boy. I like the way his ears look. I can also see what Velmadobe was saying about cutting the bottom of the ear and stitching it back together to get a closer crop to the head.......that looks nice, too. I'm glad that thread was revisited.....I've learned a lot and know where to get some good info if I ever get a pup and want a pet crop. Thanks!

Sometimes I pull Rudi's ears up and trim them with my fingers to see how different he would look....what a difference! I still like his natural ears....that's my boy!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Thank you Ria for the compliment to Orson You can call him pretty if you want too :D He prances around enough to justify it!

I think Rudy's ears suit him right down to the ground and I couldn't imagine him being more handsome than he already is! (shades and all, LOL)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts