Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bella has been sick off and on with tick-borne disease since late February but was only recently positively diagnosed. She was tested for everything under the sun ($3000) throughout the spring but it took a severe joint inflammatory phase in June to make a positive diagnosis. Since we went to a Canine Freestyle Federation Training Retreat in April, I have known that something was very wrong and have not trained with her, although she has had days when she seemed better – now I realize those were typical waxing and waning symptoms. Right now Bella is in very bad shape. She was improving at first on the high dose of Doxycycline started in June. Now, in week 3 of taking the Doxy, she had a big set-back Tuesday when the inflammation raged again in all her joints. She is back on anti-inflammatory, pain-meds, and steroids added now. It is tricky to add steroids with this disease (which suppresses the immune system) but her joints are all so swollen that she does not move off the couch all day. I am so worried about her. Poor sweet girl. When this dog whines and does not want to eat she is really sick. Please keep her in your thoughts.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Oh no, I'm so sorry. Hope she feels better soon. Can they hit the pain with Tramadol and/or Robaxin also? When Flirt had her possible neck injury and couldn't walk, we used Pred, Tramadol AND Robaxin just to get her comfortable the first 48 hours.

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
I'm sorry she's so sick and having such a tough time getting better.

You're both in my thoughts and I send all possible well wishes her way. Give her a hug from me.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I'm sorry Bella is so sick...both you and Bella are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jan

·
Super Moderator
22,021 Posts
Thinking of you and Bella.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I am very sorry to hear Bella is hurting. Kisses and hugs to Bella, may she get well quickly!

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
I'm so sorry, hope she feels better soon.

Reactions: Sherryh
1 - 20 of 44 Posts