Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Tuesday night, I had just let Otis out to pee and he did his business per usual. When we came inside, we played for a bit and upon stopping play, we lifted his leg and peed on my leg.

Last night, my wife and I were putting our new bedframe together while Otis was just sniffing around the room playing with his toys. He walked up to my wife who had her back turned sitting on the ground and he lifted his leg all over her back, drenched in pee.

Has anyone gotten peed on before? Know what this is about?

My thoughts are this but I could be way off... he got snipped 8 days ago and we've been trying our hardest to keep him calmed down so he doesn't rip his stiches out. I'm guessing it's just that he has so much energy built up and we aren't allowing him to release it (like we have always done prior to neuter) that he is showing his lack of appreciation?

I can't wait until those stiches are out (Saturday) so we can resume normal life of walks, dog parks and some serious fun play!

Any feedback is appreciated.

p.s. how do you post pics within a thread and not an attachment? Would love to show off my Otis.

·
Registered
855 Posts
My guess (which could also be way off) is that it's not so much him showing displeasure over lack of activity, but perhaps he had started to have some studly dog feelingsbefore the snip and now with a decrease in hormones he's feeling a bit less studly, but has enough left over to still feel the need to stake claim. :p

Regardless, I look at it more as a behavioral issue than a housebreaking issue. My 16 month old is still intact and a while back he tried to pee on stuff inside the house a few times. He's not confused or unsure about where to go. It's a pointed decision to pee on you (or the furniture, or the wall). I would say that just like with any undesired behavior it's best to try and catch it before it happens. In my opinion the biggest difference between this and and housebreaking is when he messed in the house during housebreaking I didn't reprimand (since it was really more my fault) but with marking I made sure he knew it was a no no.

ETA: By reprimand I actually mean a stern "NO NO" or something along those lines when he tries to hike his leg in the house...

·
Registered
118 Posts
is he peeing or marking? Regardless, he is laying claim in my opinion. Id make sure he doesnt think he runs the house. Id do some research on Dominant dogs and see if you find anything that helps. That way if it is a behavior problem you can nip it in the butt quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts