Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you everyone for all your help. Because I am a first time Doberman owner I have had A LOT of questions and I am lucky enough to have found DT and all the great members on here to help me with all kinds of questions regardless of how silly they may be or how big they might be so thank you for taking time to help me be able to give Diesel the best possible life. I look forward to learning even more from all of you :)

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
I also ditto this too.
I wish DT was around when I had my first dobe but fortunately I had a good ex military friend who had two dobes and spent a considerable amount of time stationed in Germany and he got taught by some of the best, who only owned Dobermans and trained them as well. I laugh at people who think dobes are just a normal dog. They are above that and very intelligent, so when presented with unwanted behavior it has to be addressed immediately or it will be a learned behavior and harder to fix. I am guilty of allowing something and then realizing why did I ever do that and then having to fix it. Like Nubis playing with the pillows on the couch hehehe.

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,343 Posts
I have been on this forum for over 4 years and still express in words my thanks for the all the knowledgeable people who take the time to help both new and old Doberman people. I have had 4 Dobermans in the last 30+ years and still learning new things about this wonderful breed.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Agreed! This forum is the best resource I have for my dobe and giving him the best life possible :) No amount of money could buy the vast amount of info that we have access to here. It's also so nice to have a group of people who understand my obsession for my dog ;) Thank you DT!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Thank you everyone for all your help. Because I am a first time Doberman owner I have had A LOT of questions and I am lucky enough to have found DT and all the great members on here to help me with all kinds of questions regardless of how silly they may be or how big they might be so thank you for taking time to help me be able to give Diesel the best possible life. I look forward to learning even more from all of you :)
I ditto this too. I don't know how I would have survived so far without the great people on here...

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
kwhite30 - what a heart felt thanks, to many here...so refreshing.

YOU have a true gift...and that is the seeking of knowledge and welcome change.
Many people can't think, out side the box...and life goes on the same.

Diesel is so lucky, to have the MOM he truly has...and he will grow up, to someone special / this I know.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kwhite30 - what a heart felt thanks, to many here...so refreshing.

Diesel is so lucky, to have the MOM he truly has...and he will grow up, to someone special / this I know.
Thank you for all those kind words :) you are among the MANY people I owe thanks to but my list would go on forever if I listed them all but I hope everyone who has helped me knows I appreciate it.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
kwhite30

truer words, ever said.
My grandmother was a great teacher and a lady of fine wisdom. I soaked her knowledge like a sponge (I really had no one else to guide me), but true to form, being a great leader and teacher, she told me she didnt know everything, and when she couldn't answer my insane questions, to find the answer and get back to her, and I teach her.
Of course Google, is one of my best friends now.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
truer words, ever said.
My grandmother was a great teacher and a lady of fine wisdom. I soaked her knowledge like a sponge (I really had no one else to guide me), but true to form, being a great leader and teacher, she told me she didnt know everything, and when she couldn't answer my insane questions, to find the answer and get back to her, and I teach her.
Of course Google, is one of my best friends now.
You're another one I owe a lot of thanks to so thank you :)

Side note: google is amazing! It led me here.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Heheh. Don't talk to me about google and the internet,LOL
I will write a book some day about it, because people would be amazed at how it has enriched my life, from my wife, Nubis, finding my biological father (my ex boss/one of the top PI's in Canada, told me i had to be creative to locate him, AND I DID,)the list goes on.
Of course, there is a Doberman in it and my front cover has a sitting Black Doberman with a cross around his neck. DT will love it.

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
I am learning a ton of stuff about a breed I thought I had researched pretty thoroughly. I am so glad I found DT before I start my search for a Dobe in a few years. Even though I will probably go with a rescue, I know more about good, not-so-good, and lousy breeders, and the health concerns of the breed than I did just a couple of months ago. I also know that if I wind up having a problem, the DT community will do their best to help me with it. Thanks, everyone. :)

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I totally agree. Without experienced DTers, I couldn't receive a suggestion to my question. I appreciate everyone's openhearted opinions each time.
I come here almost everyday and I learn the doberman everyday. Do you know that DT contributes to my marriage? At dinner I tell my husband what was going on here today as he's a doberman freak and it increases our communication:)

·
Registered
939 Posts
This.. exactly. I've rambled on and on and have yet to be met with anything but support and care. I love you DT! :) :) I can't tell you all how much its appreciated for this first time owner.

Reactions: kwhite30
1 - 18 of 18 Posts