Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Monday! Its a gorgeous spring day over here in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.. we went on a hike! What are you other DT'ers up to today??

We went on a fairly remote trail, and let Callie do some off-leash work. She did marvelously! Never strayed further than 10' in front of us. We did leash her for the few people that passed us though.. and the horse. Oh the horse.. the horse went to snuffle her and she gave him a kiss! It was PRECIOUS. I wish I had the camera out.

Pictures!

One tuckered out pup.. Dad carried her the rest of the way :)

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Sounds like a fun day for all!!! Looks so nice and warm too.............

once the storm settled down and then blew away...the SUN came out .......so we all went out too!!!

stormy and pearl helped me haul some branches to the burning pit.............then it was Magics turn to be out.....so he and I put a post in and scooped the yard!

now it is breaktime and i am having a beer and stormy is laying at my feet passing some evil gas while pearl and magic are flat out in the sun!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Callie is adorable! Looks and sounds like she enjoyed her walk.

It's been really nice here for the last week as well. Today I took my three out for a walk, stopped at a little off leash area that nobody else seems to use, played ball for a while (well, with Dance and Ripley anyway - Keira enjoyed running aimlessly on her own) and then we came home and hung out in the yard. And I decided to rake a little bit and got super excited over a few first sprouts of green grass of the year! Actually, it's quite a large section of green for March. And it smells so fresh and spring like. :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Callie is adorable! Looks and sounds like she enjoyed her walk.

It's been really nice here for the last week as well. Today I took my three out for a walk, stopped at a little off leash area that nobody else seems to use, played ball for a while (well, with Dance and Ripley anyway - Keira enjoyed running aimlessly on her own) and then we came home and hung out in the yard. And I decided to rake a little bit and got super excited over a few first sprouts of green grass of the year! Actually, it's quite a large section of green for March. And it smells so fresh and spring like. :D
I got a little excessively excited over the tiny sprigs of green I saw on our hike too! :D I love spring!

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Ha-Ha - when someone asks if you want a beer, in the morning...one says its 6:00 pm somewhere in the world.
****************************************************************************************************
Looks like Callie, Mom & Dad had a great time out / big baby getting carried, love it.
- also like the mountains in the background...some of us don't see that much
Best part (for me) was seeing her off-leash (Big Congrats) - next with distractions, put Callie into a controlled sit / she will do it for you guys.

Ontario Canada = 17^C tomorrow (almost record setting)...for this time of year.
- probably 10 or 12 degrees C, today

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Ha-Ha - when someone asks if you want a beer, in the morning...one says its 6:00 pm somewhere in the world.
****************************************************************************************************
Looks like Callie, Mom & Dad had a great time out / big baby getting carried, love it.
Best part (for me) was seeing her off-leash (Big Congrats) - next with distractions, put Callie into a controlled sit / she will do it for you guys.

I suppose I have no room to complain.. Oregon is doing what Oregon does this time of year... cold and rainy. I tell myself at least its not snow.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

We did sustained sits while people walked by :) Shes such a good, good dog. I love her! Never left the path, never ran ahead- she'd trot about 5 feet ahead of us, and kept looking back to make sure we were coming! (I clicked and treated those- yay eye contact!

We got about 2miles in, and looked back to make sure she was coming, and she had found a patch of shade and was laying down! We decided to turn around and carry her out. Don't wanna stress those growth plates. It was so cute though! She just went limp in his arms and fell asleep.

Had to look up the conversion for the temperatures.. sounds like a nice day tomorrow for you guys! it was 18-19 C here today :)

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
We did sustained sits while people walked by :) Shes such a good, good dog. I love her! Never left the path, never ran ahead- she'd trot about 5 feet ahead of us, and kept looking back to make sure we were coming! (I clicked and treated those- yay eye contact!

We got about 2miles in, and looked back to make sure she was coming, and she had found a patch of shade and was laying down! We decided to turn around and carry her out. Don't wanna stress those growth plates. It was so cute though! She just went limp in his arms and fell asleep.

Had to look up the conversion for the temperatures.. sounds like a nice day tomorrow for you guys! it was 18-19 C here today :)
Callie - She is keeping close to you guys off-leash, because the loving bond is so real.
- when mom & dad is the best thing in a dobes life, recalls can be so easy to achieve
longshot4me - Your doing such a wonderful job with Callie.

For what its worth, when Amy was a puppy, I trained her to be always ahead of me, never behind.
I can't plan for the what if...if my eyes are not constantly on my dog. (I can't see her 100% of the time, if my back is turned on her)
To get her into my rythem, to speed up and not lag behind...I slapped the leather leash on my pant leg...creating a timing sound.
- the slap noise, was her audio signal to keep trotting and not stop & smell and get distracted plus some verbals words throwen in
Soon I was behind her, and the repeated slap noise on the side of my leg, was her clue of my whereabouts, as I was now behind her back.
- a few weeks later, I didn't need to slap my own leg, to keep her relaxed and more focused on me walking off-leash ahead

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Baby Callie pics! My favorite! Looks like you had a great day. So glad to hear about the off leash training. Way to go Callie!

When do you guys start posting?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Loved your pictures! Glad you had some great weather. Winter has been kind this year, hasn't it?

We had a great day here in St Louis, too! So I decided to take Dylan and the baby to a nearby park. Dylan LOVED the lake, and was dying to get in there and do some damage. But we have a leash law, so he had to admire the geese from afar!

Here's one of my with two of my four boys!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts