Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darke County is a county animal control facililty. They are much better than most, but they are still a county shelter.
Not sure if Hand Me Down Dobes, Forever Dobes, Northcoast or Southwest can take her. I know it can be tough for rescues to take in seniors when they already have a full house.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be at a HMDD event tomorrow and will make them aware of this lady in need. Does anyone have a contact they could notify at: Northcoast, Southwest or Forever Dobes?

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
**update**

Spoke to officer Hammar this morning at Darke. Missi is still at the shelter. She came in on March 7th, found as a stray. Not chipped.

Officer Hammar said she is not in danger of euth but obviously Missi needs to get out of the shelter ASAP and into her retirement home.

Adoption fee waived for 501c rescues. $58 otherwise.

I will get in contact with SWODR about Missi.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
**Update #2**

So, I was searching around the web trying to find out if Missi's owner placed a lost pet ad anywhere. Well, I stumbled upon a craigslist ad for a missing black and tan female doberman. I called the number provided in the ad and they think this might be their dog! The lady was very upset and is eager to get to the shelter when they open on Monday to find out if it's her dobe.

Here's the ad:

Black and Tan Doberman
I am trying to find my dog, she has been missing and i think she was taken or sold to someone who doesn't know, I'm just trying to find her, she is dearly missed, please help, if you have her and have fell in love with her as i have then please just let me know , that's all i'm asking , she has been missing a few months and i have hung posters and looked everywhere and offered a reward but it's like she went up into thin air, her name is Nina, she is seven years old, very smart, shakes hands with both feet, If you have her or know where she's at please let me know, I won't take her form you but want to know what has happend and that she is fine, please , please help.She was in Winchester when taken. Indiana

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Oh my god, I hope this girl is Nina, that ad from Craigslist made me cry. I want to see her back with her mom!!!

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
The lady is just beside herself so I do hope this is her Nina. Here's a picture of her Nina that she placed in the ad. The markings look very similar to the dobe listed at Darke shelter. And yes, I was holding back tears talking to her.

Oh my god, I hope this girl is Nina, that ad from Craigslist made me cry. I want to see her back with her mom!!!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I hope it's her too! The shelter is only a half hour east of where Nina was last seen, Darnit! it needs to be monday so we can (fingers, toes, and paws crossed) have a happy reunion!

Reactions: sam&macksmom

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
**Update #2**

So, I was searching around the web trying to find out if Missi's owner placed a lost pet ad anywhere. Well, I stumbled upon a craigslist ad for a missing black and tan female doberman. I called the number provided in the ad and they think this might be their dog! The lady was very upset and is eager to get to the shelter when they open on Monday to find out if it's her dobe.

Here's the ad:
Thank you sam&macksmom for doing the research and trying to find the poor girls owner. I sure hope she is hers.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.....

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Oh My God!!!!

sam&macksmom.........you are getting big hugz sent to you from me.

You should be a pet detective!!!

That sure does look like the same Dobie Girl!

fingers and heck, everything crossed that this is their dog!

DoodleDobe, :) , thank you for bringing this girl to DT's attention!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
**Update**

Spoke to Darke shelter. Missi (aka Nina) was reunited with her owner (from Indiana) this morning!!!!!! The shelter said Nina was so excited to finally see her mom again.

woooo hooooo!!
OMG - I am so excited for them. Thank you so much for reuniting them, you are an angel. This story made me cry tears of happiness!!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
:3dbiggrin3::great::emo1::terrific:

Yay! So happy there was a happy ending for that beautiful and sweet looking girl!!

Kudos to you sam&macksmom for putting in the effort and reuniting these two!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts