Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summerdale Al.
2 year old red doberman akc beautiful needs good home ,docked and ears cropped. good with other dogs excellent tempermant house trained.
Fantastic protection dog.
Loves to go on walks and fetch her ball with the chuck it.
She currently is on heartworm treatment for a trace amount in her blood.
She has to have a dose of liquid every two weeks, and three pills two times a day the pills are given for a month then skip two months for a total of 10 months left to be cured.
She has eye allergies and requires eyedrops from time to time. She has willbrands factor and cannot be spade or bred.
She is a totally wonderful dog 82 lbs very loving and protective ,
Excellent house dog but likes being outside too.
I rescued her from someone who could not afford her medication and due to my circumstances I no longer can afford to take care of her she will make someone a wonderful companion .
please if interested email me at [email protected] thanks

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
Please contact Gulf Coast Doberman Rescue Gulf Coast Doberman Rescue , Dobie-Rescue of North Florida Inc http://www.dobie-rescue.org/ and/or Dobie Ranch Rescue http://www.dobieranchrescue.com/ in regards to rehoming your girl. All are very reputable and wonderful Doberman specific rescues. They may not have the space to take in an owner turn in at this time, but perhaps they can put you on their wait list or guide you on how to properly rehome your girl. They may even have an approved adopter who is waiting for a girl just like yours. PLEASE DO NOT try to rehome her on Craigslist (or any similar internet sites), especially given the fact that she is not spayed. Did a Vet tell you that she couldn't be spayed due to her VWD status?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the information and yes the vet did tell me she could not be spayed because of her wvd status .

·
Registered
866 Posts
If Gulf Coast will help I can help transport. I am in Biloxi and you are not that far from me. Please let me know what they say.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Any word from Gulf Coast Doberman Rescue?

For some reason I can not get to the GCDR web site, keep getting "network error", can any member see if they can get to GCDR's web site and give me the contact info. Some hack has posted a "i wanna breed" craigslist adv. in OP's area. I would REALLY hate to see this dog go to a random careless person out to make a buck.
PLEASE help me prevent this.

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
Any word from Gulf Coast Doberman Rescue?

For some reason I can not get to the GCDR web site, keep getting "network error", can any member see if they can get to GCDR's web site and give me the contact info. Some hack has posted a "i wanna breed" craigslist adv. in OP's area. I would REALLY hate to see this dog go to a random careless person out to make a buck.
PLEASE help me prevent this.
[email protected]

·
Registered
866 Posts
Well, I just got an email from GCDR. They are currently beyond capacity and are unable to help.

madmyk said:
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent: Fri, June 15, 2012 9:04:44 AM
Subject: Beautiful red female summerdale al.

Good Day,

I am relaying this to you for your consideration. There is a red Doberman in need of placement just outside of Mobile. The link is to the "owners" posting on dobermantalk. I live in Biloxi and will assist with transport if you are able to help the girl. I do not know if the original poster has contacted you.

Please let me know if I can help.

http://www.dobermantalk.com/doberman-rescue/68395-beautiful-red-female-summerdale-al.html

Thanks,

Mike
Response:
TerriGCDR said:
Mike

Thank you. I wish we could help but we are over full. Had four extra dogs in temporary foster homes. One got adopted yesterday but we are still carrying 3 more than we really had room for thanks to some wonderful people who steped for for them.

I do think its sad that this person thinks she cannot be spayed. There is medication that can be given at time of spay to help with clotting for 24 hours. There is small risk but a dog needing a home and being intact poses more danger in my opinion. But sadly we are not in a position to help at this time.
Hey FL people.....get busy......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spaying

I was not told she could be given a clotting factor in order to be spayed will call vet monday to set appointment for spaying her. thanks for the info. Please do not be worried this dog will not go to anyone who is not the best possible home for her on the planet

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
Well, I just got an email from GCDR. They are currently beyond capacity and are unable to help.

With all due respect madmyk, I don't think it was necessary to publish Terri Valenti's personal response to you, unless she gave you her permission to do so (I wouldn't appreciate that if someone did that to me).

Hey FL people.....get busy......
The Florida rescues are beyond busy at this point as well.

This past week a friend of mine who happens to volunteer and foster for GCDR was contacted about a male Doberman whose owner dumped him at the local kill shelter because he had dug up a flower bed. As already stated, GCDR is beyond full and did not have room for him so my friend contacted me asking if I knew of anyone looking for a boy like him or if I knew of any rescues that did have space. This boy really tugged at her heart and she made a promise to him that no matter what, she would get him out of that kill shelter and to safety. She pulled him and paid out of her own pocket to privately board him at her Vet's office until a rescue could commit to him. I found a rescue in Florida that was willing to take him but the issue would then be arranging a transport from Louisiana to the Florida rescues location. She asked for transport help but a full transport couldn't get filled in a timely fashion. She just paid $500.00 out of her own pocket to have this boy safely transported to the Florida rescue. If you add up the boarding fees, vetting and transport costs, she paid close to $800.00 to save this boy's life. This boy was very lucky to have crossed her path.

I know quite a few people in rescue who go above and beyond to save dogs who find themselves in need of rescue, dogs whose owners think nothing of dumping them at a kill shelter because they can no longer be bothered to take care of an animal that they took "responsibility" for. These rescuers have jobs, families and pets of their own, yet they still find the time and resources to help a dog in need.

I think that it is wonderful that you offered to help transport this dog. I can assure you that there will be another dog that may need your help someday. With that being said, please go to the GCDR website and fill out the form to become an official volunteer for them. Rescues always need help, whether it be transporting, fostering, performing a homecheck, and lots of other things. Anything that anyone can offer is greatly appreciated. A rescue cannot run effectively without volunteers. The more people volunteer, the more dogs that can be helped :)

·
Registered
866 Posts
astra said:
With all due respect madmyk, I don't think it was necessary to publish Terri Valenti's personal response to you, unless she gave you her permission to do so (I wouldn't appreciate that if someone did that to me).
You are correct. I should have edited to provide some anonymity. I will contact her to deliver an apology.
Fortunately, by posting the reply the OP is now aware of an option for getting the girl spayed, increasing the chances of placement.

I have requested a Mod edit and remove that portion of my post.

I will be offering my services to GCDR in the very near future. Currently I am living out of a suitcase, trying to arrange a move, and get my 2 out of boarding and home. Once my personal life (hopefully within a month) gets stabilized I will be offering my services to them on a regular basis.

OP, I don't doubt you are trying to get her taken care of properly, there are just SO MANY people out there that may try to convince you they are offering the "perfect" home just to get an intact animal.

Sorry for all the toes I may have stepped on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No harm posting my response to you. I only wish I had spell checked my reply LOL
Sorry we do not have room for this girl.
Certainly if she is to be spayed, careful consideration should be given to the vet doing the surgery. We have spayed several VWd females and males with 100% success (clotting factor being given before the surgery). She is at risk if bred whether intentional or accidental so I feel like her long term health would benefit from spaying her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts