Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baron passed his Therapy Dog, Inc. test today with flying colors. We visited a nursing home with 5 other dogs and went into the rooms of people who wanted to pet the dogs. He loved being petted and stroked and everyone wanted to pet the Doberman! We also had to go into an elevator with 2 other dogs and 2 people in wheel chairs. He was a little stressed about that but did OK. It was also very warm in the place and he was a little wilted when we left. Forgot to stick my cell phone in my pocket so no photos. Very proud of my boy!

We had him tested 4 years ago shortly after he passed his CGC and it was a disaster. This was the thread from back then if you feel like some extra reading: http://www.dobermantalk.com/general-training-obedience/24191-barons-tdi.html

·
Never Will Forget You
3,288 Posts
Lois, You are awesome. What a great job you have done with Baron. Keep up the good work. I bet you are on cloud nine!!!!!!

Reactions: dax0402

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Nice job Baron...sometimes, just time helps solve many woes.
- now he is an official ambassador, of the dobe breed / spreading much love and good awareness
dax0402 - congrats to you !!

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Congrats Lois and Baron!!!

:chlead:

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Super Moderator
22,015 Posts
Awesome, Lois! You should be really proud.

I think a lot of times people test too young, and their dogs just aren't mature enough yet to do the work. I saw a lot of Goldens in our therapy dog class who will be great therapy dogs in a year or two, but just weren't mature enough yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts