Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Barking from Texas

756 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Paladin 
#1 · (Edited)
Howdy Howdy,
My family and I are from southeast Texas. I’ve been holding off on getting another dog after my last (Boxer) passed away. I wanted to purchase another Boxer but for some reason I feel like it would be a betrayal to Sage. I think it’s probably because he was the first companion that I had for so long (14 years). Anyway, after all the years its finally time for me to get another companion.

I’ve since fell in love with the Doberman breed, unfortunately though the more I read and learn about them the more I become wary of purchasing. I was hoping that someone here might know of a good breeder anywhere in Texas. I’m just so scared to make a bad decision and I know those here have tons more knowledge than I do. I’m not looking to show him but would love to participate in some of the working sports / trials etc on a casual basis as a way to bond / spend time with each other. Geez I can’t believe how excited I am on a new addition to the family.

Sorry for being so long winded. If anyone knows of a good breeders in Texas please let me know.

edit: Noticed a link to the DPCA breeder listing in another thread. Hoping to find a good breeder on there.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from Austin!

Texas has some great breeders. The ones that come to mind off the top of my head are Rhapsody in Austin (my boy is a Rhapsody dog), Merrimac near Houston, and Touchstone near Houston. I am pretty sure there are a couple users from here with dogs from Merrimac and Touchstone.

#4 ·
I have a dog from Touchstone. Alisa has been great, very open with me and wonderful to talk to.

Plus, Guilty is beautiful, extremely easy to live with, and the best cuddle bug I know!

Whoever you choose to purchase from, good luck and be patient!

#5 ·
Welcome from Houston :)!

I have a Doberman sired by a Touchstone dog who was one of the top 20 dobes in the country. Alisa is great to work with and have around for support. None of the breeders are working line breeders though. However, my Dobe's trainer heads up a Schutzhund club and is a positive-motivational trainer. His website is Dog Training Houston by Longoriahaus Dog Training | How To Train A Dog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.