Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know this is going to sound crazy...but does anyone have a dog who whines and barks at the water dish?

It is almost like a cry! I got them one of those big water dishes with the jug on top that refills the water as they drink it. It has been here over a week, and no problems for the first few days. But the last 3 or 4 days Rommel will just lay in front of it and cry and bark at it! This will go on until I physically remove him from the kitchen. It is a cry/high bark/cry growl/bark/whine????

What is his problem?? He will drink out of it and everything, its not like he doesnt know what it is!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Oscar does this to anything new around the house. It goes on for 2-3 days (longer if he gets attention from you, like laughing at his antics). There are two versions--there's the "I don't recognize you" bark; and if the item ever makes a noise, it's the "You must be alive so c'mon play with me" bark. Oscar has done this to a number of items, including empty boxes, a pair of crutches and a brand new chain saw. So basically, it's because he's a little confused at first but he figures it out.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
LOL, well you know BIB a water dish can be a highly dangerous tool in the wrong hands, Rommel's just trying to alert you of the danger and make sure that stinking dish doesn't try anything when your back is turned!!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Lexus said:
LOL, well you know BIB a water dish can be a highly dangerous tool in the wrong hands, Rommel's just trying to alert you of the danger and make sure that stinking dish doesn't try anything when your back is turned!!
I will have to agree with this. I use to have one for my cats, they did the same thing without the bark though. ;) I still haven't figured out why.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Lexus said:
You are not joking the water dish has attacked Mischa at least 5 times!!(or is it she is just an accident prone,big pawed lollop,who has tipped it over more times in 8 weeks than any of the others have done in their whole lives,mrs b is fed up of mopping the kitchen).
:help_up_2 :emo11: :3dbiggrin :largegr:

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
I wonder what kind of bark that was Rom was doing. Was it the serious intruder alert bark or was it a highly pitched bark associated with puppyness. I put my rollerblades on the other day and was getting my girl to start to follow me around. She bark in her highly pitch play tone, at first. It was like she was trying to say, "What the hell is this, Dad." But eventually she stopped and got into a game of chase the idiot with wheels on his feet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts