Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My 8 month old girl is otherwise perfectly healthy, bouncy and cheeky :)

But recently I've noticed two very small balding patches no bigger than a large pea. They're both on areas of her body where she cant reach to chew or lick - one is on the back of her neck, and the other is closer to her shoulder. I've checked the skin underneath and it isnt red or wet or doesn't seem to be a bug bite or anything like that and she doesn't seem irritated or bothered by them in any way.

I did recently switch her food as the food she was on before was out of stock all across Dubai. She switched food around 3 weeks ago. Could this be the cause?

Are there any dobe skin conditions that can cause this?

As always, your comments are very much appreciated.

Thanks x

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Kiss has the Dermedex mange. She has multiple spots on her. She is on medicine now for it. If I had taken her when it first happened they would have treated it topically, but there are, too many now.:(

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Foliculitis can cause this. Shampoo (Nolvasan) is great for spot treating. If foliculitis is wide spread a trip to the vet is needed for antibiotics.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've just booked her a vet appointment.

The spots are only tiny but it could be something underlying and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Will update on what they tell me in case anyone else has this problem in the future x

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys,

Thanks to those who posted.

I took Layla to the vet last night who told me she's having a slight allergic reaction because I didn't switch her food gradually enough (because the whole of Dubai ran out of her specific food!).

So he gave me mild anti-histamines and said it should all clear up within 2 weeks.

So I worried for nothing, but feel soooo much better now I know its nothing serious :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts