Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favourite bait bag and why?
Please post links to places where I may buy said bait bag. I needs one. Or the wine needs one... Hmm...

Go!

·
sandy2233
2,473 Posts
I got mine from J & J Dog Supplies. It is a wrap around your waist one and it stays open if you need it to or it will snap shut. To me it's just easy to get in to and out of for treats.

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,325 Posts
I got mine from J & J Dog Supplies. It is a wrap around your waist one and it stays open if you need it to or it will snap shut. To me it's just easy to get in to and out of for treats.
Think that is the one I have and I like that it stays open if you want it to. Also the one I got can be cleaned out very easily.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,325 Posts
Outward Hound Quick Access Treat 'N Training Bag - Ice Blue / Elephant - Kyjen | Outward Hound | Pet Carriers | Pet Strollers | Auto Accessories for Dogs | Outdoor Gear for Dogs

This one has a top that pops open and shut with a touch--it's hard to see in the picture--right under the strap at the top. The strap is long and adjusts easily so you can wear it however you like (I usually wear mine over my neck and shoulder). The outside pocket stretches to fit so you can carry baggies for poops, or clickers--even a tennis ball or two in a pinch. It's made of some kind of waterproof/resistant nylon-y type material so it sheds dirt--nice for those goopy tennis balls. And it is well made and sturdy.

It is about 8 inches long and the pocket part is about 5 inches tall, with another 2 inches at the top were the strap is attached. When the pocket is not in the open position, the bag is flat front to back, not round the way the picture appears.

Enough reasons?

Oh no, just looked it up and I don't know if they ship out of the US. But if you love it and have to have it, maybe you can have it shipped to a US friend and they can ship it on to you?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have the Outward Hound snap shut one also. It's nice that all you have to do it tap it to shut it. The small net pouch on the front isn't very strong, so don't hold anything that you wouldn't mine losing (keys etc). Other than that, a great pouch.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I have the kind that snap shut also. I do NOT wear them for agility once I'm beyond foundation becasue they bounce and annoy me though. I thought mine was outward hound brand but I don't see it on their site right now. It's slightly bigger and doesn't go out as much I think. More rectangular shaped.

Mine is big enough to hold my iphone when I go biking or take the dogs off leash romping by myself also. I just have to shake the treat crumbs out THEN put the phone in!

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I have one that snaps closed also. Means I loose less treats. I use my pockets almost as much. LOL Hubby thinks its gross! I got mine at clean run.

·
Super Moderator
21,913 Posts

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
I have this one
Clean Run: Trets Magnetic-closure Reward Pouch

But I tend to use a ziplock bag and my pocket more than I use the pouch....

Not because I don't like the pouch (I LOVE THE POUCH) I just don't like it flopping around when I am running agility...

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have this one
Clean Run: Trets Magnetic-closure Reward Pouch

But I tend to use a ziplock bag and my pocket more than I use the pouch....

Not because I don't like the pouch (I LOVE THE POUCH) I just don't like it flopping around when I am running agility...

Yeah I use my pocket and a ziplock bag for agility too, but Elsie won't be doing that for another 14 months (soo far away!) and I am getting so sick of carrying a container of treats around, or stuffing ziplock bags of sausage into my bra (since it's summer and summer clothes don't have pockets LOL)

·
Registered
16 Posts
You know, I really like those 99 cent suckers you can get from Home Depot or Lowe's, or really any hardware store. They are roomy with two big front pockets and they wash up nicely. Plus when it gets too skanky to clean anymore you just throw it away because it has no value. :)

·
Got mutt?
13,828 Posts
DiscoWhore, I had to laugh about the sausage in the bra comment. Have you ever seen the movie "Best In Show"? It is a spoof on dog shows (not mean, just funny). Anyway, they had to train a Weimaraner to jump up on the judge in the ring, and the only way they could get the dog to jump on her was to put liver bait in her bra. For obvious reasons, they used a dog that was no longer being shown.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts