Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it hasn't been long since I lost bowie (just about 6 weeks), but i got really bad news for willow yesterday -

she has osteosarcoma.

shes been lame for a few weeks now, and its been getting worse despite all my treatment options and attempts (chiropractics, homeopathy, herbs, narcotics, NSAIDs, acupuncture). we took radiographs yesterday and its definitely bad bad bad.

keep her in your thoughts. shes having her leg amputated tomorrow, and then i have to decide about chemo.

my black cloud just wont go away.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. hell of a graduation gift for me (i graduate sunday) and a birthday gift for her (her bday is tuesday)

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
So sorry Kim, you guys are in my prayers.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Sorry to hear about the news. You will be in our prayers. Hope things start to turn up and everything goes good.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh I am so sorry to hear that Willow is ill. The whole gang here will says lots of extra prayers for you and Willow. My the good Lord above keep a close hand on your shoulder to help you and Willow through this time.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys -
willow is out of surgery and resting comfortably. she was an angel this morning and handled it all like a trooper. i will go back to visit her tonight when she is more awake.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
willow is home and resting upstairs -
she walked out to the car, i helped her up, and she laid down the ride home. she came inside, pooped on her pee pads, and rested a bit - but she was feeling her typical unease at being out with a bunch of people when she is tired and just paced a bit, so i brought her upstairs to my bedroom to sleep - shes exhausted and is fighting sleeping, waking herself up when her head hits the ground...

the minute she got upstairs, she ate her pancakes, eggs, and cat food immediately :) (yes, only the best diet!), and shes sleeping right now.

she tried to do the stairs on her own, but i stopped her. she walks well on her own though, but shes definitely exhausted. she will spend as much time as she needs babygated into my bedroom today, resting and recuperating.

sorry, ive been busy graduating :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Wish you and Willow a fast and safe recovery.

All the best.
Naveen

1 - 20 of 21 Posts