Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I noticed since switching Bruno to wellness he's gotten alot more gassy. I mean, it's not THAT bad. But to be the one near him when he lets one loose, oh that's BAD! lol

But anyway, I wanted to know if that is a major problem? Should the food still be okay and will the gas slowly go away? Maybe he's just getting use to it? I'd hate to keep switching him. But I also don't know if I can handle the smell ;)

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Chi was always pretty gassy on Nutro but when I switched her to Canidea, holy cow - we had to keep all the windows open and the fans on for about a couple weeks! It was awful. But now that she's been on it for a bit, she's not chased anyone from a room in about 2 weeks now :)
I'd say give him some time and hopefully it will pass...

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHA--okay so it most likely is just from the change then. I'll keep it going. I just remember the dude at the pet store saying he switched his dog from a food because it was making him gassy. So I thought, crap. Do I change Bruno then? But it's only been 3 days. So I'll wait it out. Not sure how long I can...LOL the smell is terrible. Worse them my husband :eek: lmao.

Anyway thanks :D He's also going to the vets today---check up about the "mites" that he just doesn't have LOL. Oh well, at least I kinda know now why it's happening. Weird thing is, over the last week it looks SO much better around his eyes and face. Guess I'll see what htey think.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Maybe you can try probiotics on him for a day or two. get one with as many strains as you can thats supose to help with the gass also.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Over on boxer-dog.org they all say that their dogs had gas really terribly after they switched to a better food, and that it went away after a while. I switched my dogs to Canadae a while ago and went through the same thing, but it's not so bad now. Boxers are known for being gasbags anyways.
Jen

·
Registered
76 Posts
My dogs are really gassy when they have chicken complete food so have to use lamb & rice ,but willow is still a bit gassy on that but just loud not smelly .
wilmitch

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah he's on the chicken still becase his age. Apparently if you start them to fast on the lamb, and then fish (I believe he said fish). Then as they get older you run out of things to switch them up too....Or something like that lol. So he's on the complete Chicken with all the other goodness. He loves it tho. He's not complaining at all with it. It's just me complaining about the smells coming from me hehe ;)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ROTFLMAO

OMG!!! I can't believe I put that HAHA. I meant the smells coming from HIM! haha. Oh man, I'd deffinently see the doctor ASAP if I smelt like that :eek11:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
ROTFL, yeah yeah, I suppose you want us to believe it was a slip of the finger, a typo instead of the truth huh??? ;)

:3dbiggrin

I knew it was as soon as I read it but I couldn't let it "pass" hahaha, no fun in that!!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DaKari said:
ROTFL, yeah yeah, I suppose you want us to believe it was a slip of the finger, a typo instead of the truth huh??? ;)

:3dbiggrin

I knew it was as soon as I read it but I couldn't let it "pass" hahaha, no fun in that!!!
LOL---Oh of course not. I couldn't let that one "pass" (haha) either if I saw someone do it. That was just too funny! I totally needed that laugh too ;)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Mine used to get gassy too on the chicken. I don't understand why. They could clear an isle at the pet store. It was so embarrassing to watch the people look and walk quickly away while you had to sit there in the stench. They would lay in the living room and you could hear them pass it was that loud. They would look back and look at me like I did it. Yeah right. They'd sniff their bum and walk away. Dead give away. You had 5 seconds to evacuate. I switched to lamb and rice and their gasis much better. No more clearings.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
They would look back and look at me like I did it. Yeah right. They'd sniff their bum and walk away. Dead give away.
hahaa!!! hilarious!!! there was this card at my old job...and it had..cartoon pictures of...
(dog sleeping on floor)
(dog sleeping on floor with the word "poot" by its butt)
(dog waking up and looks back at his butt)
(dog sleeping on floor again)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Yeah. They were the poster dogs for it. :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL--I just about killed myself. Bruno was too hyper so I had him on his leash at beside me. Well he must have been letting me know he was upset lol. Cuz it was a stinky punishment that's for sure (for me I mean lol).

I dunno how true it is. But the guy at the pet store suggested I want a little longer before I put Bruno on the lamb. Because he's still young.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
You might want to try digestive enzymes, you can use the human kind. Health food stores usually carry them, I look for the ones in the cold section.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What would that help with? (I mean besides the obvious "digestive" word in there lol).

Just curious. I like to learn as I go :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts