Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got and read the book Behavior Adjustment Training aka BAT, and I love it!

Having a fearful dog that is reactive I found it extrmemly enlightening and really helped afirm a lot of my goals for mabel as well as make some more realistic.
I was able to realize that there was a lot I was doing right that need fine tuning, and just as much that I was doing wrong, which is a big reason I have seemed to hit a training plateau, because it was really me putting myself into a circle of fail, fix repeat.

It is a wonderful book to read even if you have a healthy stable dog or even puppy, as it teaches body signal awareness, knowing thresholds, and reaction points, and how to not only divert and stop the reactions but how to let your dog figure out and evolve on it's own that you don't have to be afraid/react to what/whoever that is, I have your back trust and watch me, and that they (obviously baring unforseen/unavoidable circumstances) will always be able to leave/get past or through a situation in a safe comfortable way from anything they dont like versus reacting to get away/end the threat.
I honestly can't wait till tomorrow to start fine tuning and changing myself and to start working it through with mabel! :)

Behavior Adjustment Training (Book) | Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT)

I plan to get the seminar dvd soon as well to be able to physicaly see some of the methods in action.

·
The Baddest Dog
745 Posts
Thanks for the review! I'm glad you liked it, this book is going to be one of my next purchases. I have another friend who really recommends it as well!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts