Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a fawn boy and heard it was a good brand for their skin and coat as the 6th ingredient is listed as avocados.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
My kitten gets their wet food in our rotation. I've never had any problems that I've related to it. Haven't given any to Dreizehn though.

·
_______
5,102 Posts
Thought dogs were not suppose to eat avocados ?
I've asked that too, but it's the pit IIRC & maybe the skins that they should never have.
Freaked me out too as I used to feed my 1st doberman Avoderm.
I don't know if it was the food, genetics or both but he had a wet seal coat.

I couldn't say what quality of food it is now since it was a million years ago since I've fed it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive been doing a little bit of research on the brand and it appears that over the past few years their company has been growing rapidly. consequently, the quality of the'r kibble has gone down....The reason I am interested in this brand is a close friend of mine who works at an endangered animal refuge nearby, and has offered me the food at an extremely low price, as they feed many of their animals this food and have an overflow and have to toss a lot of it away.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought dogs were not suppose to eat avocados ?
I have heard this to, but it appears to be a myth, as I couldn't find any definitive research suggesting its' toxicity. I did however find studies that say they are extremely good for the health of the dog's skin and coat which is what I am looking for in a kibble. Jaxon is a fawn, and Im trying to do everything I can to preserve what little fur he already has!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I think the avocado info is below in the Dogaware site. Anyway, whatever is in Avoderm should be okay. I looked at it the one mentioned in Whole Dog Journal and looks like a lot of grain, but dont know which one you would be getting. You could try and see how your dog does on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts