Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is next Friday! :dancing_b I feel so bad starting school so late but it's been one thing after another over the last year and I was afraid I couldn't commit on a weekly basis. But we're going next Friday and we'll be in level one only because I feel we still need work on heeling. Everything else will be a piece of cake. :)

The only thing I regret is that the school doesn't use clicker training but I figure we can incorporate that at home. The nearest training center that uses clicker training is 30 minutes away and with gas prices through the roof and car that drinks gas, it's just not feasible.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Ohh good luck! You and Ava are gonna love it!!!! Show off your superdobe to everyone!! Let us know how it turn out!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
good luck! im sure you guys will have a blast!

and so what if they dont use clicker training! if you know how to use it, then bring it and DO it! in the end *i* am in control of how my dog is trained, and if i want to use the clicker, then i will in the class!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I only hope she'll find it as fun as I have. :supergrin

and so what if they dont use clicker training! if you know how to use it, then bring it and DO it! in the end *i* am in control of how my dog is trained, and if i want to use the clicker, then i will in the class!
You have a good point there. I'm sure the trainer won't mind. He's a pretty easy going guy and seems to have an open mind towards training methods. I just figured that the work we'll do in class will be small compared to what we'll do at home, where I'll use it.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
yeah but it may be confusing :) consistency is the key to all training! and who knows, think how many people you could expose to clicker training!

·
Banned
375 Posts
that is so awesome and i am happy to see your baby in training... we are going to start the kids in training in about three weeks... they need to start soon... i want to do the rally training that i got around here but... i have to incorporate that into my schedule which shouldnt be hard... so ill see what i can come up with... soon and hopefully mine will do as good as your pup is already

good luck and hugs :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last night went very well. Since it was the first class it was mostly listening to the instructor but we did sits and downs, which were a piece of cake. Ava was looking at up me like 'do I really need to do this?'. She was getting really bored just standing there so she layed down to take a nap. :) Next week we'll be going over heel and that's where we really need work.

Thanks for asking!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts