Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you consider this a reputable breeder?

any info, I’ve checked the site and can’t see anything good or bad.

· Registered
4,482 Posts
Information was a bit obscure on their website for things I would look for if I were buying a puppy. But, maybe I didn't navigate the website far enough. I tried. I couldn't see what they did with their dogs other than breed them. Health tests? Do they title them in conformation or performance events? The site seemed a little vague to me. But, I didn't email them either. By the website alone I would move on.

· Big Lil pup
8,967 Posts
Hmmm....Let's read their intro.

Well apparently they have 14 puppies! And they are "gorgeous euro monsters".

Shoot. I've recently been contemplating a new Doberman pup. You know, like a nice medium sized healthy, handsome girl with a stable temperament, that would fit nicely in my household and get along with Popeye.

Silly me. What was I thinking. After reading this, I obviously want a REAL Doberman. I now want a Gorgeous Euro Monster. Especially one with Altobello featured so prominently in its pedigree.

John L
Portland OR

· Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
15,460 Posts
Rather interesting that they are an LLC. To me, that implies that they are breeding as a business, not a hobby. The lack of any info about their dogs, other than a couple of names with no context given, no health testing mentioned (a search on the OFA site for the few names I found turned up nothing, nor does the kennel name), and no stacked or show photos (just casual snaps, with the dogs wearing e-collars in half of them) don't really make me want to investigate them further (although I did check out their FB page and the OFA website).

Also what the heck is an "AKC recognized breeder"? . I've heard of a Breeder of Merit, and their Bred With H.E.A.R.T program, and their special Breeder of the Year award, but never heard of them "recognizing" breeders.

· Registered
1 Posts
Interesting to read these 9 posts and the criticism provided without any factual information provided, real experience or true knowledge of this breeder. From someone who has personally worked with this breeder, purchased a puppy, visited the home and met her dogs, your comments, opinions and criticisms above could not be further from the truth. The pictures on her website are legit. These are her dogs that live with her in her home and others are from customers and their families. She has beautiful dogs with exceptional pedigrees. This is not a puppy farm or puppy mill. Heather (the breeder) was exceptional every step of the way with us and continues to be actively involved and available to us. We did our research, homework, and asked the questions before engaging Avante garde. We couldn't have been or be happier. We have a beautiful, happy, healthy, well-adjusted male doberman. I should mention that this is our 5th doberman. We are not new to this breed or the breeder selection process. There are a lot of bad breeders out there --Avante- garde/ Heather Allen is NOT one of them. Please do your homework before offering false information or speaking disparagingly about a breeder. We want to support and keep the good ones.

· Registered
21 Posts
Hmmm....Let's read their intro. Well apparently they have 14 puppies! And they are "gorgeous euro monsters". Shoot. I've recently been contemplating a new Doberman pup. You know, like a nice medium sized healthy, handsome girl with a stable temperament, that would fit nicely in my household and get along with Popeye. Silly me. What was I thinking. After reading this, I obviously want a REAL Doberman. I now want a Gorgeous Euro Monster. Especially one with Altobello featured so prominently in its pedigree. John L Portland OR
Hi I own Avant-garde my names heather We health an genetic test I would love to give you any info about our amazing dogs

· Registered
21 Posts
Rather interesting that they are an LLC. To me, that implies that they are breeding as a business, not a hobby. The lack of any info about their dogs, other than a couple of names with no context given, no health testing mentioned (a search on the OFA site for the few names I found turned up nothing, nor does the kennel name), and no stacked or show photos (just casual snaps, with the dogs wearing e-collars in half of them) don't really make me want to investigate them further (although I did check out their FB page and the OFA website).

Also what the heck is an "AKC recognized breeder"? . I've heard of a Breeder of Merit, and their Bred With H.E.A.R.T program, and their special Breeder of the Year award, but never heard of them "recognizing" breeders.
Hi I’m heather I own Avant-garde we do genetic testing and health testing Vwbd an Dcm1&2 hips thyroid etc I’d be happy to answer any questions
Thanks

· Registered
21 Posts
Interesting to read these 9 posts and the criticism provided without any factual information provided, real experience or true knowledge of this breeder. From someone who has personally worked with this breeder, purchased a puppy, visited the home and met her dogs, your comments, opinions and criticisms above could not be further from the truth. The pictures on her website are legit. These are her dogs that live with her in her home and others are from customers and their families. She has beautiful dogs with exceptional pedigrees. This is not a puppy farm or puppy mill. Heather (the breeder) was exceptional every step of the way with us and continues to be actively involved and available to us. We did our research, homework, and asked the questions before engaging Avante garde. We couldn't have been or be happier. We have a beautiful, happy, healthy, well-adjusted male doberman. I should mention that this is our 5th doberman. We are not new to this breed or the breeder selection process. There are a lot of bad breeders out there --Avante- garde/ Heather Allen is NOT one of them. Please do your homework before offering false information or speaking disparagingly about a breeder. We want to support and keep the good ones.

· Registered
21 Posts
Hmmm....Let's read their intro.

Well apparently they have 14 puppies! And they are "gorgeous euro monsters".

Shoot. I've recently been contemplating a new Doberman pup. You know, like a nice medium sized healthy, handsome girl with a stable temperament, that would fit nicely in my household and get along with Popeye.

Silly me. What was I thinking. After reading this, I obviously want a REAL Doberman. I now want a Gorgeous Euro Monster. Especially one with Altobello featured so prominently in its pedigree.

John L
Portland OR

· Registered
21 Posts
Hi John I’d love to answer any questions about this wonderful breed my dogs are on the large size an not breed standard an that’s what I wanted so those are the lines I purchased after seeing health testing

· Registered
21 Posts
Would you consider this a reputable breeder?

any info, I’ve checked the site and can’t see anything good or bad.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts