Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doberman Chat Wants your Dogs...

Doberman Chat is a discussion resource dedicated to Doberman Rescue. We now finally have our new rescue database in place for your adoptable dogs on our brand new rescue portal.

In appreciation of all the hard work and dedication rescue groups and volunteers commit to the doberman Pinschers, Doberman Chat has launched a database for rescue groups to enter their adoptable dogs. Through this database, rescue groups can create, manage and customize their own categories in order to suit their needs. A main customization option for both categories and entries added by a rescue group is the ability to add modules to certain pages. A few of these modules includes a calendar that links to rescue dogs added by the rescue group on a certain day, a category listings module to show categories created by the rescue group in new locations, a guest book, list of rescue dogs that the rescue group has marked as favorite, custom links and much more.

Categories created by rescue groups virtually become the rescue group's own mini-website for listing their adoptable dogs (much like PetFinder) with customization options. Compared to PetFinder, Doberman Chat's database is more user-friendly, provides optimal organization and targets relevant, local search engine traffic to provide increased exposure for both the dogs and rescue group.

All you would have to do is:

Submit a rescue in our Rescue Database , with more information about the dog, pictures, contact information, and a little about the rescue itself!

This is a great way to show members and visitors to the site your available dog, and information about your rescue!

For Questions or inquirys, please email [email protected]

Best Regards,
The Doberman Chat Team, and Community.

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we have a 6 Catagorys for rhe US and an International Catagory :D We will add more specific catagory's to the international areas as the database grows. Thanks for asking.

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually everyone is welcome to participate on doberman chat. our approach may be different but thats not to say it isnt just as valuable. We have since grown and learned from our past mistakes. and continue to grow and learn. I recall this forum also having very humble beginings. To say its gotton better or worse over the years is a matter of indivudal prospective. Anyways im not here to defend Doberman Chat. This post is about bringing more exposure to rescues and taking part in somthing positive.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I tried to multi-quote, but failed miserably.

I'm not here to ask you to defend your board, or to bash it.

But, you did come onto this board, and started a thread on it (again).

Your first line reads "Doberman Chat is a discussion resource dedicated to Doberman Rescue"

I am sorry. If you find that an open arms, everyone loves everyone, forgive and forget, we love any posting member no matter what, fine. That's your board- I don't have to go there.

But I think you are doing the breed, and rescuers everywhere a HUGE disservice by linking the word "rescue" with that board- and to go so far as to say it is a board dedicated to rescue..IMO it's giving some of the rescuers a bad name.

Ya gotta choose one or the other....the road less travelled isn't generally the popular one.

I'm sorry, but as long as people that sell white dobermans non stop, come on here and MOCK people who have tried to educate her, sell adult dogs on kijji over and over, and "trades" for lord knows how many breeds, are popular on that board, then how is it dedicated to rescue? People like her PUT the dogs in the rescues!!

And I know everyone is going to say, but this is a resource, its good for the rescues, it's hard work....well it means more "hits" for that forum, which means more advertising, more google hits, more revenue, more money, more new puppy buyers and owners getting advice from people like, oh, you know- rhymes with "Mia Schmate"

If it's like Petfinder, why not just use Petfinder?

ETA: And that is just one example- as M&D said, there are many more like that on the board

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I tried to multi-quote, but failed miserably.

I'm not here to ask you to defend your board, or to bash it.

But, you did come onto this board, and started a thread on it (again).

Your first line reads "Doberman Chat is a discussion resource dedicated to Doberman Rescue"

I am sorry. If you find that an open arms, everyone loves everyone, forgive and forget, we love any posting member no matter what, fine. That's your board- I don't have to go there.

But I think you are doing the breed, and rescuers everywhere a HUGE disservice by linking the word "rescue" with that board- and to go so far as to say it is a board dedicated to rescue..IMO it's giving some of the rescuers a bad name.

Ya gotta choose one or the other....the road less travelled isn't generally the popular one.

I'm sorry, but as long as people that sell white dobermans non stop, come on here and MOCK people who have tried to educate her, sell adult dogs on kijji over and over, and "trades" for lord knows how many breeds, are popular on that board, then how is it dedicated to rescue? People like her PUT the dogs in the rescues!!

And I know everyone is going to say, but this is a resource, its good for the rescues, it's hard work....well it means more "hits" for that forum, which means more advertising, more google hits, more revenue, more money, more new puppy buyers and owners getting advice from people like, oh, you know- rhymes with "Mia Schmate"

If it's like Petfinder, why not just use Petfinder?

ETA: And that is just one example- as M&D said, there are many more like that on the board
I agree with much of what you've said here. But in the interest of accuracy, I do have to point out the person you're referring to as your bad example doesn't sell albino dobermans non stop. As far as I know, she's owned one albino doberman. I believe she *did* breed the bitch, but sold her when she was pregnant. She does indeed make no bones about supporting the breeding of albinos, and bred to an albino stud dog with a z free bitch. Just thought this needed to be clarified-it could be said she has produced z factored dogs.

Not defending her in any way, shape or form. I've said before my opinion is she's a boil on the butt of the entire dog world. IMO, she's the lowest form of backyard breeder.

The irony to me about this person being welcomed on that board with open arms is the banner that says that board is dedicated to responsible dog ownership. Anyone who has a revolving door policy to dogs to the extent she does seems to me to be the antithesis of responsible dog ownership. She should be shunned by responsible dog owners.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Oops, I stand corrected- well, I believe she breeds dogs in general non-stop. I think I got confused in a thread I read there once.

What upset me too is the posts questioning these people ended up being deleted by the mods usually for being mean. You said it better than I- they aren't practicing what they preach. If there were actual discussions where these practices could be discouraged, then that would be different. But it seems like the mods are too busy trying to make those people happy.

But...wait...what do you know...you're just a Sea Hag???!!!:cwmddd:

I agree with much of what you've said here. But in the interest of accuracy, I do have to point out the person you're referring to as your bad example doesn't sell albino dobermans non stop. As far as I know, she's owned one albino doberman. I believe she *did* breed the bitch, but sold her when she was pregnant.

Not defending her in any way, shape or form. I've said before my opinion is she's a boil on the butt of the entire dog world. IMO, she's the lowest form of backyard breeder.

The irony to me about this person being welcomed on that board with open arms is the banner that says that board is dedicated to responsible dog ownership. Anyone who has a revolving door policy to dogs to the extent she does seems to me to be the antithesis of responsible dog ownership. She should be shunned by responsible dog owners.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Oops, I stand corrected- well, I believe she breeds dogs in general non-stop. I think I got confused in a thread I read there once.

What upset me too is the posts questioning these people ended up being deleted by the mods usually for being mean. You said it better than I- they aren't practicing what they preach. If there were actual discussions where these practices could be discouraged, then that would be different. But it seems like the mods are too busy trying to make those people happy.
See my post above, btw..I added that this person did breed to an albino stud dog with a z free bitch, so it can be said as a matter of fact that she has produced puppies who are part of the z tracking system. She also has been very vocal about supporting the breeding of albino dobermans. And I think I remember her saying in the past one of her dreams was of showing an albino at Westminster, ROFLMAO! So, even without actually producing albino puppies, I think there's plenty of reasons to be repelled by both her words and her actions as a dog owner/breeder.

Yeah, I think they're more interested in being politically correct and warm and fuzzy over there than anything else. I took a few looks at that board, saw how some people with really questionable histories in this breed were accepted, how anyone who challenged them was shot down and got a really bad taste in my mouth. It does the breed and the novices who go there no big favor by accomodating people like that.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Yeah, I think they're more interested in being politically correct and warm and fuzzy over there than anything else. I took a few looks at that board, saw how some people with really questionable histories in this breed were accepted, how anyone who challenged them was shot down and got a really bad taste in my mouth. It does the breed and the novices who go there no big favor by accomodating people like that.
Agreed. It is the BYB of forums and they certainly become no heros to me just because of this rescue thing. (Agreed that petfinder is already doing this) Maybe while DLS is over there she can knock some sense into them.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
BYB of forums-LOL, good way to put it!

I seriously can't imagine any reputable rescue even wanting to be connected to a board like that in any way. You are known by the company you keep, and all that.
IDR+ was invited, I personally signed up to learn more about the board as I hadn't been there before. I looked around a few days and haven't been back.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Ok, as a member of both forums, I have to say this is very sad. This has nothing to do with Doberman chat and whether bybs flock there, this about helping out Dobermans in need of forever homes!!! This new part of Doberman Chat is going to do something great for these dogs that need forever homes, that should be all this thread is about. Shame on you people that want to sit here and make fun of another board when this topic is based on helping rescues! :nonono: If you don't like Doberman Chat thats totally fine with all of us, but please know we are trying to play a role in saving our beloved breeds lives!

·
Registered
938 Posts
No one ever said BYB's are ok, thats whats so funny. I'd love to see where someone can point out in this thread of any other thread on Doberman Chat that we think BYBs are ok, I can only speak for myself but BYBs no matter where they are, or what forum they are on make me sick!

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
DCF's policy is to debate the post not the poster. Anyways alot has changed at DCF and as ive stated before we have learned and continue to learn from past mistakes. its like beating a puppy for poopin on the floor. I wont argue with most of the previous statements. others are completly false.. but either way its called evalution* and DCF will continue to evolve.. But like stated by PCL this isabout the dogs not a website. i understand if your not intrested in helping out. but to trash somthing positive for the dog you say you love is also in pretty bad taste dont ya think?

ok have to go for now ttyl ;)

ETA: i do not condone BYB's, if you only knew how much energy i personally put into saving dobermans. or how many ive taken in myself. you wouldnt question that at all.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I second that one!

[/QUOTE]
ETA: i do not condone BYB's, if you only knew how much energy i personally put into saving dobermans. or how many ive taken in myself. you wouldnt question that at all.[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 78 Posts