Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been three reported dog deaths after walking around the east end neighbour hood. It's been isolated to one particular street near jones and dundas.

The police say its food soaked in antifreeze, no surprise. I know you guys are probably very cautious anyways while walking, just be careful taking short cuts in the back streets and alley ways!

Tell people you know who have smaller dogs to be aware, and switch from a flexi lead to a regular leash to have better control (it's also against the law the have a dog on a leash that extends more that 2 meters in areas not designated as off leash).

Be safe!

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
I thought they didn't know what it was yet? That's what they just said on the news. Just that it was almost immediate and they were awaiting toxicology results. Either way its terrible. One woman said that 4 dogs have also been stolen out of that area in the past little while.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought they didn't know what it was yet? That's what they just said on the news. Just that it was almost immediate and they were awaiting toxicology results. Either way its terrible. One woman said that 4 dogs have also been stolen out of that area in the past little while.
Yes toxcicty results are still pending, they say it's looking more like food soaked in antifreeze (pet hospital suggested).

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Who could do such a thing and why? I do hope they find the scumbag who is responsible and make them eat their own poisoned food, (I know wishful thinking but hey, I can hope).

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who could do such a thing and why? I do hope they find the scumbag who is responsible and make them eat their own poisoned food, (I know wishful thinking but hey, I can hope).
Some dog parks in Toronto are known for such horrible things. People use anti freeze, rat poison, and even put nails in cubes of cheese. Never mind aggressive dogs, or negiligent owners, don't go to a dog park because of this! :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts