Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He certainly looks fit--I bet he keeps you busy running off his energy!
Tell me about it in the morning we go for a 5 km jog and in the evenings i take him for another 5 km walk and he still has his energy and brings his ball to me to play again.

·
Premium Member
8,045 Posts
Looks great.
Use that ball for hide and seek games.
Work that pups brain and he will sleep like a baby!!!

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,234 Posts
At that age, do be careful with the jogging. He should not be doing any repetitive "forced" exercise (in the sense that you are along with him setting the pace)--he may overdo it just to keep up with you (I know, you're probably the one keeping up with him, but still...) especially on hard surfaces, until he is about 18 months old. It's not good for his joints and ligaments in the long run.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At that age, do be careful with the jogging. He should not be doing any repetitive "forced" (in the sense that you are along with him setting the pace--he may overdo it just to keep up with you [I know, you're probably the one keeping up with him, but still...] especially on hard surfaces, until he is about 18 months old. It's not good for his joints and ligaments in the long run.
By jog i basically mean just walking fast not like running. I make him do it thrice a week. Thank you for the advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts