Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a doberman breeder in the Charlotte or Asheville NC area!! Looking to purchase a new family member soon!!!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Here is the DPCA link.
DPCA | The Doberman | Breeder Referral

Just remember that because someone is listed is not a guarantee they are a reputable breeder. Best to check back here or Google for comments.

·
Registered
58 Posts
LindaH is right. It's best to check DPCA, then come back here and search the forum for comments & experiences on the particular breeder.

are you looking for male or female? show, pet, working? color preference?

all of these will factor into which breeder has what you are looking for.

i live about 5 miles from schohaus dobermans, but i'm unaware of their future breeding plans.

there are many great NC breeders; most that i know of are into show/conformation, with the exception of von moeller hof, which are outstanding working dobermans.

·
Registered
233 Posts
There are two shows coming up in NC that might be worthwhile to try to get to. Shows are a great place to meet breeders, dogs and dog owners. I think the shows have some obedience competition so you can watch a variety of activities.
There is a show in Raleigh March 20 - 24 and in Concord March 28 - 31.
Take a look on info dog for shows that might be closer to you. InfoDog AKC Dog Show Information - Search by State

Reactions: jmradcliff

·
Registered
58 Posts
there is also a show in Asheville this summer, June 8 and 9, at the WNC Ag center. you could meet and interact with breeders and exhibitors there as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts