Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got the call two days before Christmas that Kohl's ashes and paw print was waiting at the vet's office for us. My DH didn't tell me til today.. Talk about opening up another bag of emotions.. How the heck am I going to pick them up? I never want to see the place where I left my baby again!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
YOu can do it oreo kitty. Just think that you will have him back home where he belongs. Maybe DH can pick him up?

cc

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
I know how you feel felt the same way when I had to pick up my Jakie it was hard to do but I did it. I was really surprised they put his ashes in a beautiful box in a royal blue velvet bag had put his name on the bag with a great poem. You cannot leave your baby there he needs to be at home it helps if you just put him in a safe place for now then later when your emotions are not so raw you may want to place him in another container to have out.We think when Gizmo passes on we may bury them together but not sure at this point.Know it is hard but you can do it.
Patches Mom

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Oreo Kitty I know it has been a rough few months for you. I cant even begin to imagine, but I think it might add a little closure for you. It is okay for you to be in pain, and we are here to listen if you need it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wish you courage and strength in this difficult time. It's ok to feel sad, it's a part of the grieving process. Having him home may make you feel better. I hope that the new year is better for you than this year past.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Go bring him home,you know he would want that and it will help you too.

·
Extraordimary
5,075 Posts
I find picking up the ashes a very difficult thing to do. My head literally swims and I get a feeling like I'm going to pass out when they hand it to me. So, it is something you need to prepare for and if possible, have someone else drive you there or as someone else said, maybe your hubby could pick them up for you.

I lost Wonder in August and I had to go right back to the vet's with one of my other dogs too soon for my comfort but that's how it goes. The vet tech told me Wonder's ashes were there, but I couldn't deal with it *that day*. The receptionist didn't know I had told the vet tech I couldn't deal with it that day and she headed to get them, and I had to tell her no, not today. Once I got home, I had incredible guilt that I had left Wonder behind and he'd want to be home. Oh, the things we do to ourselves! But that's the thing - we do this to ourselves. The ashes don't care where they are. The dog's spirit is with you. The ashes can be with you when you're ready.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
A gal I know works in a nursing home, and one of the residents has her dog in ashes with her. He was her best friend throughout her life, all the ups and downs mainly downs. Apparently the urn with the dogs ashes is the only thing she cares about knowing he is with her. Having to give up her home and independence she can take, but the thought of her dog not being there she said she would rather die, he helps her get over the bad days, by thinking of the good times together. She says he was her only true faithful forever friend. OOOOOOOOOh makes me want to cry when I think about it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
aaaw oreo....I wish I had been able to do that with Nina...but it was done at a vet I didn't really know and of course a last minute have to do kind of thing....I think picking him up will actually make you feel better.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
YOu can do it oreo kitty. Just think that you will have him back home where he belongs
Im thinking this same thing...go pick him up cause he is there waiting for you to bring him home right :) you can do it :) My dalmatian's ashes are displayed in the living room...with a small dalmatian figurine and an ornament I made with her picture on it for the tree next to it

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You guys are right.. He need to come home..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts