Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to brag. Sorry. I was soooo proud last night. I have been wanting to do competition obedience for the LONGEST time, but life always seemed to get in the way. Well, last night Asher went to his first class training. He knows all of his basics, but we went to classes so he can learn to deal with the distractions. He tends to zone out and pay more attention to them. Unless of course I have treats. lol. He did so well. The lady next to me with a dachsund (sp?) asked me if I tranquilized him. The trainers have a good knowledge of training all breeds and addresses all issues. I met a lady there that was working with her 7m. b/t dobie in the other ring for comp. OB. She also showed 2 others in confirmation and was hoping of taking this one into confirmation. He was beautiful. All in all, I think Asher was tramatized. An hour long of standing there. I wouldn't let him play with the other dogs. We weren't there to play. He was exhausted when we got home. He fell over dramatically on the floor and Harmony licked him to death to comfort him. lol. Hopefully all will go well. Ok, sorry for the long spill. I was just too happy.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Good stuff keep up the good work,OB is so good for this breed and helps in all situations.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Is this new training thing for Asher his sentence for what he might have took part in!!!! I can't believe he got away with some light community service and propation! lol Does Harmony go to obedience?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol Lapdog. They all know their OB so this isn't completely new to him. This is the first formal class though that he has gone to. He will learn new things geared more for competition that I have no clue how to do since that is a piece that I have never touched. I felt it was better left to the more experienced. Asher enjoys his training more than Harmony does. So he would enjoy the competitions better. He is my "test" to see how much we enjoy it i guess you can say. Does anyone have any suggestions or bits of info to share, since I know that there are a lot of people that are more experienced in here with comp.?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts