Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm firmly convinced that Chi's bumpy skin episode is directly related to her first and only exposer to frontline I decided to do a little research on a more holistic approach. Fleas and ticks are awful here and many dogs I know have contracted Babesiosis so the need to control the pests is great but I don't want her to be a bumpy itchy mess either... This article is very interesting and informative with ideas on how to control the problem naturally... Thought I'd share it with y'all :)

http://tedeboy.tripod.com/drmichaelwfox/id35.html

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Another thing I have heard Tracy in my reading about the raw diet, is to feed one small clove a garlic a day as it is a natural deterant to fleas. But not anymore than that, if you feed too much it is not good for them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I totally disagree with the use of foggers. After the fog (poison) settles in your carpet guess where the dog is going to lay with his nose right on the carpet breathing in all those chemicals. If you take a flea collar and cut it up into very small pieces and pick the pieces up with the vacuum cleaner it will kill any fleas picked up in your carpet while vacuuming. Just my opinion...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts