Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mojo is having an issue with a lick granuloma on his ankle and he recently started favoring the leg. Even after the wound is healed, he still wants to lick the joint. He is almost 8 yrs old and had a granuloma on the same joint last year that responded well to pain meds and anti-inflammatories. This treatment is not working this time.

Does anyone have any experience with Flexpet or any other pet glucosamine/condroitin type supplement? I switched him to Nutro Senior from Nutro Sensitive Stomach about 3 months ago. Is there a better food for older dogs and joint pain?

It kills me to have to wrap his leg or use the E collar all the time.

Thanks!!

Arthritis Dog, Cat & Pet Joint Discomfort Relief Remedy & Inflammation Treatment | Flexpet with CM8

· Registered
1,151 Posts
I use Dasuquin....it's by the same company that makes Cosiquin, except it has MSM in it...my MoJo has been on it for about 2 years. Along with the Dasuquin, he also get Vit E, and Fish Oil which are also a building blocks for healthy joints.

I've never used Flexpet....

p

Reactions: psustang89

· Registered
2,334 Posts
I had an 11 year old Aussie that could not get up when he laid down and gave him Glycoflex 3. In no time he was back to running and had no problem getting up. That is also what I used for my blue Dobe when he started having arthritis problems. It has no ill effects on the body and really does work. I used the original glycoflex, which is still available today. It has pure freeze-dried perna canaliculus, a green lipped mussel from New Zealand, as the main ingredient.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.