Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the LONG delay in posts regarding Aries's cancer progress. I haven't been on much. Trying to enjoy everyday that I have with him and at times its hard to see everyone here with young pups while my boy has cancer.

In case you have forgotten Aries has cancer of the connective tissue in his mouth. He have had his thyroid checked (which turned out clean) and we are going to be doing a CT scan to see what the chances are of them removing the cancer from his mouth.

We have an appointment this Thursday for the vet to see him before the scan. I am nervous of what they will say. Part of me doesn't want to hear it and would like to continue not knowing, but then if I ignore it then I am not owning up to my part of being his owner. I have to do what I can for him.

Again sorry for the delay or should I say lack of posts. I'm sure I don't look good dobermantalk members eyes because of my lack of posts but I will try to keep everyone informed.

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
I can imagine if my dog were battling cancer I'd be consumed with things other than DT, too, and therefore it would not make my list of priorities either. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying each day together.

Sending you both well wishes for his appointment tomorrow.

Reactions: Adara

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Is it chondrosarcoma? My coworker is dealing with this with her 12 yr old mixed breed dog in her nasal passage. She opted for radiation treatment. It did come back about 9 months later and she's in a clinical trial at UC Davis Vet Hospital.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts