Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Argh

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  shaishai 
#1 ·
My plans to buy a puppy this summer have been ruined. The house I was going to be moving into for college is having major renovations done.. I don't think it'd be fair to keep her in that kind of loud environment with people coming in and out constantly at all hours of the day, especially at such a young age. I guess I'll be looking for a spring 2008 baby. I'm upset but I have to be a good mommy and put her first. In the meantime I'll be visiting breeders and narrowing down my choices until I find the perfect one. Extra time never hurt anybody! :tongue23:

On a happier note I have something cool I'd like to share. There's a lady who breeds Doodles and she trains them by bell. One ring means breakfast, two rings means time to pee, etc. I think it's great. We're going to be in contact with her. I was thinking I'd like to have my puppy trained that way. Maybe she'd be willing to do it IF she's had experience with Dobes before. Opportunities are everywhere!

#2 ·
Sorry to hear that, Cigar. :( It's hard once you have your hopes up to change plans like that. But everything happens for a reason, and maybe it'll work out better this way after all.

Good luck with the renovations!

#3 ·
yes there is nothing quite like being trained by your dog to respond to a bell. Beleive me they figure that one out quick.

Picture the dog sitting next to the bell ringing it twice, watching you jump up from your favorite sitcom and open the back door. He sits there and watches as you llok at him confused, shut the door and go back to your show. Five minutes later "ding ding". You go back to the door to let out your pup.....he sits there with a bit of a smirk on his mug and presto you are trained.

Don't forget to inverst in a TIVO.

Good Luck for next year on your puppy search

Mike

#5 ·
That is good that you are waiting and you can never be too prepared to get a dog...especially a dobie pup :)

just one question....

There's a lady who breeds Doodles and she trains them by bell
Doodles as in dogs that are bred with poodles to make a mutt? If this is the same doodle your talking about...im not sure if youd want to go to her for training or anything....especially for a doberman...youll want to find a club or somewhere that has obedience training...
but you have plently of time and till then youll have fun at the forum :)

#6 ·
Please stick around the forum, there is alway's lot's to learn! I think you are smart to wait until you finish college. Trust me, it is very trying to raise a puppy on your own and go to college at the same time! Studying, reports, assignments, exams and raising a puppy. It has been an interesting 8 months!!

#7 ·
I swear having a puppy was just as much work as having a new baby, and even as adults, it's like having a child around the house again. Not a complaint by any means, just an observation. The last thing you need when you're on a deadline is to have puppy get sick, and you know that is probably what will happen (Murphy's Law). You owe it to yourself to concentrate on getting the best education possible without any distractions. Once that phase of your life is finished, then you'll be able to really enjoy raising your puppy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.