Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband works with me and already got an earful but I need to rant with people who really knows the frustrations...

One of our company's inspectors just had a litter over the holiday. As the inspectors don't come in the office I didn't even know anyone other than me even had dobies! I found out today when we were all emailed that pups were availible with this pic below. From what I can gather it happened 'over the holiday' and that the mom is akc and the dad lives with them too. There's 11 pups and he's asking $1500. Other coworkers around me were saying how that's too much and they would only pay $500 max. Oh man, it was really hard to keep my mouth shut and my husband and I just looked at each other from across the row.

I tried emailing him to get her name or what breeder she is from. I also included pics and info about my girl hoping to spark a conversation but he has ignored my email so far. I really think this is just some backyard thing. Doesn't even have homes lined up... shouldn't the tails be already done by now? I thought it was done the day or two after.

At least the mom seems to look happy from the pic. :/

·
Registered
855 Posts
Well, I'd be with your coworkers on $1500 being way too much but for different reasons. They probably think that's just way too much to pay for a puppy, whereas I feel it's probably way too much to pay for THESE puppies considering they are probably byb "we have two cool dogs let's have them make puppies!"

I wish the best for these pups and hope that you can in some way get through to this guy. Thanks for caring!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
9 puppies... $1500....

Wow, that poor dog, those poor puppies. I hope she gets spayed soon and he never does this again. I also hope that he finds these puppies impossible to sell for that price.

·
Mom of the Herd
238 Posts
If I were him I start my price at $500, otherwise he's going to be left with alot of them and thats not fair to the puppies. If I had the room I'd take one when he can't sell them. Too many puppies in the world now. I think he was just thinking of the MONEY and not the DOGS. Glad u care enough to worry about them cause he sure isn't...........:(

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'd be with your coworkers on $1500 being way too much but for different reasons. They probably think that's just way too much to pay for a puppy, whereas I feel it's probably way too much to pay for THESE puppies considering they are probably byb "we have two cool dogs let's have them make puppies!"

I wish the best for these pups and hope that you can in some way get through to this guy. Thanks for caring!
Ah, I should have clarified. My coworkers don't care about health or anything, the akc papers is good enough for them. :/ I would gladly pay that price for a pup from a reputable breeder and I would damn well make sure health testing has been done all around. Lol, my husband is now a a semi expert on dobe knowledge just from me talking to him about dt!

Perhaps if i get an email back I could direct them here for more knowledge...

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
1500$ is one heck of an incentive to keep on breeding pups and that is why BYB do it. Even if he sold them for 500$ each, he is going to make money and that folks is all this guys seems to be concerned with.

Nice guy.

·
of Ferret Rock
1,674 Posts
If I were him I start my price at $500, otherwise he's going to be left with alot of them and thats not fair to the puppies. If I had the room I'd take one when he can't sell them. Too many puppies in the world now. I think he was just thinking of the MONEY and not the DOGS. Glad u care enough to worry about them cause he sure isn't...........:(
The idea is to not be him in the first place. $500 is still too much for these pups, who should never have been produced in the first place. 'Fair to the puppies' probably doesn't even register in his world. >(

I like Monicaei's idea. Discourage any coworkers you think might would buy from him (esp if he reduces the price). You probably won't get through to the greeder himself but you might suceed in dissuading them from supporting him.

If it proves unprofitable he'll stop. (Unfortunately at that price he only needs 1 sucker to make it highly profitable for him. :( )

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'll keep trying and see. I still haven't got an email reply from him yet and all I did was talk about my girl, put in pics, and asked his girl's name. I'm trying not to get down about it... I read it on here all day but when it hits close to you it is a totally different feeling. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts