Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently bought an RV so our 3 Dobies could come with us on trips. We've only been out overnight once and that was at a friend's 10 acre place in AZ. Other than short day trips to the beach I am finding it hard to locate CG's that will allow more than 2 dogs over 50# AND the fact that they are Dobermans CG owners are not allowing so called "agressive" breeds (agressive, give me a break).
Does anyone go RVing in the CA, AZ, NV area that has had any luck with CG allowing all kinds of dogs and multiple dogs, specifically Dobermans - mean dogs that they are :jonkel:
Unfortunately, I am afraid we were too quick in buying this RV and will probably resort to selling if I end up finding no place that will allow our dogs. I would give up everything for them.....well, not my husband....., unless he bit them.....:win2k:

·
Registered
77 Posts
check what KOA allows it is one of the largest nationwide spots i know.... or you my be better off at smaller less known/populated ones but they may be harder to find.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
In August my friend George and I took a drive up the coast to Paso Robles in his 24' class C to do some wine tasting. Of course we took Mavis. Maybe we were just lucky, but the three places we stayed welcomed all three of us. We stayed at Carpenteria State Beach, Flying Flags in Buelton, and four nights at Wine Country RV in Paso Robles. We had no idea where we were going to stay one night to the next, we just sort of found these places as we went along.

In addition to info from AAA, I used a book called "The Dog Lover's Companion to California" by Maria Goodavage. It's full of good information. We were welcome everywhere we went, at Flying Flags they even gave us a "doggie bag" with a poo-bag and dog treats when we checked in.

Every place except the State Beach we called ahead in the morning to reserve a spot. We were up front to the fact we had a Doberman with us, and maybe we were lucky, but we never encountered any "attitude" from anyone. Of course Mavis was on her best behavior, and was a good ambassador for the breed.

One thing you want to be sure you have with you is vaccination documentation. We didn't bring it, and didn't need it, but I saw in the Dog Book where some places wanted to see it. We avoided those places and things worked out just fine.

Not only was Mavis not a burden, but she added to our overall enjoyment.

Good Luck and have fun!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
We are having the same problem here we are trying to rent a cottage for the summer holidays in a place called the Lake District and as soon as you mention 3 Dobermans the phone goes silent then you find out the cottage is booked for the weeks you want it----strange is it not.
The company we are trying to book with are famous for their pets welcome policy
but that must mean if you have a toy dog!!!

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
I stumbled across this link awhile ago about pet friendly places to bring poochy too when traveling. I haven't tried it too much but maybe this will help.. It looks pretty good. Lets us know how it turns out.

http://www.petswelcome.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts