Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am not nuts, my wife has no idea what I am talking about though.

I remember being young, hmmmm.....anyhow, back in the early 70's, and watched a movie about dobermans robbing a bank. I know this sounds bogus, but I do remember it....Anyone know this movie?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
There was more than one.

Every Doberman in Hollywood got work in those.

Barbara Eden was in one, I think.

·
Registered
821 Posts
OK here's the info on the dobie movies. The Doberman Gang in 1972, The Daring Dobermans in 1973 and The Amazing Dobermans in 1976 stared Barbara Eden. I ordered these VHS movies from ebay about a year ago. To watch them now is hard because the acting is so oh I don't know how to describe it. I can say the only parts I can focus on are when the dobies are on screen and they are truly amazing to watch as to the training that went into them for these movies.

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
I have yet to see any of these films. The way i see it '70s and '80s action movies really have not helped the reputation of this breed.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I think maybe you have the wrong idea of these movies, greenkouki. They weren't "action" movies. They were Disney comedies (back when Disney meant "G" rated) and were fun for kids and adults, too. No bad language, nothing scary, and the one I saw portrayed dobies as very SMART, not mean. Sort of like if they had made a non-animated version of something like "101 Dalmations". They were fun family movies. Nothing remotely objectionable.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I stand corrected...a friend just told me she remembered The Doberman Gang did have a couple snarly, teeth-baring, meany-dog scenes. It's been too long ago--I just remembered it was a goofy, kiddy caper movie (good guys vs. bad guys) and the dobies were smarter than most of the people.

·
Registered
288 Posts
SYea I remember the doberman gang. I didn't think it did anything against the dobe. I thought it was really funny. they had a dobe sit up to get the money and one kept going in the wrong direction and had to catch up.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I've seen all of them. I loved to watch them for the dogs, not the acting. They were trained so well. I wish mine were like that instead of on the couch all of the time. I blame myself for letting them think they are meant to be couch potatoes instead of making me rich. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

yes, that was it..."The DOberman Gang"....I found a trailer online about it...
It wasn't a movie that made them look bad. It was actually showing how well they can be taught, pretty much anything. no blood or anything bad in it...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thanks for posting that link! That was great.

Naveen

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I had to watch that trailer three times. I wish they would show it on tv.
Hmmm..How many do I need to do what they did? Think they will notice if there is a poodle thrown in there?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Just send Doodle. I'd give him all the money for one of those goofy grins. His only problem would be that he'd linger to pose for the bank camera.... Run, Doodle, run!!!!!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Thanks for the link, Pgh.

Mensa could have run with that Gang. She's a natural-born thief.

I'm working on convincing her to go straight.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts