Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Mo's Mom
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mentioned in a previous thread that my step cousin went out and bought the first doberman puppy she could find, from what I am assuming is a less than stellar breeder. As my puppy's due date draws closer, and I talk to the fam about why we are paying as much as we are (because of health testing and what not) she insists that her dog had all those tests done and her breeder is one of the best in the state of LA :roflmao:

So I went to google to try to find them, since she "does not remember the name of the breeder..." lol, I tried to use the dam and sire's names, which she did remember. I have had zero luck coming up with anything... So I am going to see if any of you have heard of them.

samuel joseph crow & rogue trinity crow

Her argument is that because of all the health problems, good breeders do not charge that much for them... again... :roflmao:
(Her puppy was originally $500, but the breeder dropped it to $350 because she had to drive 5 hours)

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I've not heard of them and Google turned up nothing (though I didn't search terribly hard).

In response to "good breeders don't charge much due to all the health issues" show her this.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Are they AKC reg??? If so you can pull up their reg # through the AKC web site using their names.

As far as good breeders
Her argument is that because of all the health problems, good breeders do not charge that much for them... again...
(Her puppy was originally $500, but the breeder dropped it to $350 because she had to drive 5 hours)
Have you heard of snake oil??? This is truly a good piece of baloney. With health testing costing close to a thousand dollars per dog or more by the time you do it all, good breeders charge a fair price and we don't dicker on the price because someone had to drive 5 hours. Good breeders are not Wal Mart and certainly don't consder the love, time, effort , testing and trialing our dogs or our puppies as a commodity to bargain with. Talk about gullible.

From AKC - WS32200901 Rogue Trinity Crow (Doberman Pinscher)

I could not find that the male is reg with AKC - I tried a couple different spellings of the name and still came up with nothing.

If the statement was true that due to health issues we dont' charge as much - I have to laugh at the naivety of some people. Just do a little research and you quickly see that good Dobermans are not cheap and (which with statments like above) this might be considered even lower than a BYB.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I can already tell you that as far as I'm aware, there are precisely ZERO reputable breeders of Dobermans in Louisiana. There are alot of used car salesmen posturing as reputable breeders, however.

Not a snowball's chance in hell they "tested for everything."

·
Mo's Mom
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol Oh I know! I am trying to prove to her that she got ripped off, and needs to pay special attention to her puppy's health. I was just wondering if any of you had heard of this breeder. I could tell from the price of the puppy and the lines she was saying they used, about the health testing and what not, that it was not a reputable breeder. I was just hoping to get more information about them if I could, so if/when her little girl presents with any issues, we might have a source.
Our little doberbaby is due on June 28th, and we are paying roughly $1600 for him. My family thinks I am out of my mind because she got her puppy so cheap, and she "seems fine" lol
The poor pup has bowed legs, a weird body shape... just doesn't look that athletic at all. Weak back end too... plus she had her ears done at 16 weeks, and has not been really paying attention to posting. I feel so bad for that little girl, she is rather sweet though...

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Probably to find any thing on the breeder you would need their name. I am not sure if you can located the breeders name from the AKC reg on the dam or not I have never tried to search that. But I would guess the were so cheap because they were unregistrable and no testing.

I would have her put the puppy on Vitamin C fish oil are pretty much standard, It also might help her legs.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the breeder's last name is likely...Crow.

I mean, so many idgit BYBs just can't resist the ego trip of putting either their first or last names (or even both, hehe) in the dogs' registered names.

So, if you have the state, try searching on the last name "Crow."

Reactions: Sinister and bubsy

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Or they like Sons of Anarchy.....

Sam Crow (actually, SAMCRO) stands for "Sons of Anarchy Motorcyle Club Redwood Original."
An intellectual quote from the series (from Wiki)

You fed crystal to a killer doberman, Are you retarded?
Trinity is someone's half-sister I gather from there.....

Not that there's anything wrong with that.......:D

·
Mo's Mom
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have googled and googled with no luck... guess I may never know.

She will not listen to any of my advice... her boyfriends parents have a single doberman, so she is the expert. I by no means know even close to everything, but I know enough from my own research, and this forum, to know that that puppy might be in for some hard times.

I just hope her lack of responsibility does not get the puppy in trouble. She lives in a tiny apartment, and is hardly ever around... just dumps her dogs on her parents all the time. She does not believe in obedience classes, because she "knows more than those dumb ass instructors..." And say that the fact that her family has 4 dogs is enough socialization for the little girl. She believes that because she did not get a show crop, she only needed to post for amonth, and that high cost pet food is a scam :confused:

I just hope I have the knowledge to help her when that puppy becomes too much, or God forbid, too sick for her to handle...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Wow I can see back in the day wth no internet people being suckered into buying dogs from BYB's but Today when we have all this info at our finger tips.... Really?
Saying they get a discount for driving 5 hrs ?? wow Myself as well as other rep breeders have driven 5 plus or even flew their bitches to good stud dogs to better the breed.. where's our discount??? lol
I'm sorry your friend knew what she was doing and just didnt feel like spending the money on a dog from a good breeder. " she more then likely thinks .. you seen one dobe you've seen them all" A sad lesson she will learn .
I feel bad for the puppy .

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
When you get your puppy it will be glaring apparent to her the difference.
I agree...many people think purebred is purebred, but when you see them side by side the differences are SO obvious.

·
Registered
907 Posts
OP, do you know where IN Louisiana she purchased this dog and/or how she found out they had a puppy for her to purchase? We might could track them down in that manner.

·
Mo's Mom
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have no Idea where... she said she drove five hours, but thats all she told me. I tried to get more information, but she is VERY defensive! She is the girl with the fake hair, fake skin, fake teeth, brand name clothes, best of everything... I think she knows she was played, and the idea of me having a "better" dog pisses her off a bit.

She knew her step sister, who happens to be my look alike best friend irish twin cousin lol, was starting to look... and she wanted to beat her to the punch. My cousin was actually pissed as hell when she found out she got one before her, but she calmed down when she realized the puppy she is waiting for is a much better idea. I am sure she just googled dobermans, saw puppies available and took the first girl they offered her.

I have pictures of my pups parents on my facebook, bc I am obsessed and everything, and she commented about my puppy's "fawn" father... saying that I should be worried because my puppy is going to be fawn and they have a lot of health issues... I assured her Austin was red, not fawn, and my baby mama is BLACK, and can only have black puppies apparently. She was pissed that I corrected her, and we have not spoken about it since lol.

I could care less what she does with her life... I just worry about that poor little girl =[

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Hmmm...IMO, your step cousin is just a liar who feels inferior. No one is stupid enough to pay $350 for a pup and then proclaim it to be from the best breeder in the state, but cant remember their famous breeders name. The breeders name is on all the registration papers for christsake! The quality of your pup will make hers look pitiful. Then she is REALLY going to hate you and step sis and then probably her lies are going to reach new levels of ridiculousness.:laughing: Please do keep us updated. Hope her pup does okay, tho, poor baby.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To the pyscho stranger I've never met in my life

Oh what a surprise...unfortunately I came across this thread and saw that this psychotic radical girl (who I do not even consider a step cousin) that has NEVER, NEVER-EVER met me before but claims all these things about me? Hmmm esp since this is a doberman forum not spill out you family drama which all really comes down to her "daddy issues" and taking it out on everyone else! Fake teeth? Think not...I just take care of mine and don't have hillbilly-ass lookin teeth like her. Fake skin you say? Hmmm I'm pretty sure I've never been to a tanning bed but my dad and his family are Cuban..( oh wait, forgot you don't know me not ever met me)...my hair is fake? um yeah i do highlight it BUT You have bleach blonde hair! haha this girl is CRAZY! She got all on my **** after I got a doberman because that was her ultimate dog and I got it first. I never told her the breeder I got it from was the best. He was a family man that bred his dog, they're AkC and NO they are not champions, I have no need for that. I wanted A doberman with an excellent temperament and good health and to this day she has been the best dog I've ever had with NO health problems. She was never bow-legged lol? Her ears are PERFECT! But that's right she knows EVERYTHiNG because she read books! I never said I knew everything about dobermans because I don't, but I'm doing damn fine I must say. To see how much hate that girl has is pretty pathetic...oh and by the way I NEVER LIvED in an apartment hahah I live in a house with a nice big fenced I'm yard and if I'm not mistake I think she was "trying" to look for an apartment that took in dobermans! HaH what a joke she is! All I can say is jealousy sure shows. I love my dog and I wouldn't trade her for the world and that's all that matters- I still can't believe I came across this but she is ridiculous everything that she said is a lie or she twisted my words...once again psychotic..thank God I have never met her nor will I ever meet her in the future.
PHP:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.