Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Anyone involved with the DPCC?

1K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  duncdobe 
#1 ·
I got really interested in competing chase in sports such as OB, rally, agility, and a few tests such as the CGN and WAE. I was also looking for anyone with a Holter that I could rent out within Ontario. So I thought, the organization who would have the most answers would be the Doberman Pinscher Club of Canada.

Over the past two months I've been trying to contact them on several separate occasions, once was to ask where I could possibly go to a WAE and if they had a Holter to rent out. Three emails later, and one phone call, no answer.

So, Has anyone had luck with contacting this club? Can anyone help me with my questions?

I found a boxer breeder in Ontario that rents out her Holter. I emailed her about my boy, and asked if it was possible to rent it, no answer.

Is there anyone in Ontario that knows where the WAE is usually held, and do they know anyone who rents out their Holter??

#6 ·
You can also contact the University of Guelph and join their doberman heart study. It used to be run by Dr. Ogrady, but I think he retired. But it is still going and they are amazing there. You can echo and holter for about $60. I will be adding Rudy to it when he gets old enough.

#9 ·
Yes she is CKC registered However I could not find her breeder, all I know is that she is from Digby, Nova Scotia. The rescue that helped me said the breeder was no longer breeding and possibly moved to another province.

Reactions: Darkevs
#11 ·
Tanner's, so you do have the name of the person who bred Tanner?

Sometimes the CKC registered breeders in your area will be the best ones to give you information on anyone whom has bred Dobes in your area.

Does Tanner have a tattoo................micro-chip.?

#17 ·
I'm a member of the DPCC, DPCA, GMDF..... If you want to email me I can try and help you. My address is maura@gatehousedobermanns.com

Guelph's OVC heart study is now $100. However they also rent the holter (which was $70 when we did it but I have heard is now $150, possibly more).

As part of the GMDF I brought forward the motion to have the club purchase a holter for rent however it's still in the working stages. I did bring the same request forward two years ago, and it was not put through.

I really think the GMDF as a club should be doing more for its members and this is one way. We also have a website - Home and you can even join our club as well. We are a very small group, and there is a variety of people - some show, some do not. Some joint just for the newsletter :).

You could also look for a T.T. if you want something along the lines of a WAE- and you can find those listed at Canuck Dogs: Your source for Canadian dog event information online..

#21 ·
WAEs are NOT only held in the US!!

Our BC club hosted several and just last year as part of the DPCC National our Montreal Club held a WAE in Ontario (outside Cornwall). I think the AB club has hosted one also.

It depends on the clubs as to who wants to hold one. It's a lot of work. Instead of a WAE you will probably have better luck looking for a TT test.

I went to the Tappan Zee show 2 years ago for their WAE for my older bitch Boca.

Luckily since we hosted one this year Rachel passed that one.

Our club also has a holter for rent but don't rent out of province.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.