Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
von Hunnoterra Dobermanns

I'm thinking of importing so really want to make shore i know what i am getting also the price they gave me was cheaper than i thort just wanted to try get a bit of background info on them thanks in advance :)

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Are you in the US? If so, is there a reason you're looking for an import?

If you're looking for a Euro dobe, there are some great breeders in the US.

·
Bad Wolf
960 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
So how much do you folks actually know about any of these kennels other than reading about them on the internet? Any of you ever visited them?

If you want something specific in a Doberman and are able to evaluate it yourself, then you might be able to fly over to these kennels and find a nice dog. If you are only wanting a nice house pet and think you can buy a better dog from one of these kennels by email when you have never met them and they have never met you than someone in North America where you can meet each other and get support after the sale, then I have some swamp land in Florida that I would like to talk to you about.

But then as I have said before some people think that the farther they have to go to get a dog, the better it is.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

·
Bad Wolf
960 Posts
People want what people want. I don't waste my time trying to persuade them otherwise. So it is better to give them information that they can use. I won't coddle an adult, or make a joke about them as you so rudely have done.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have imported 3. Not sure of the one you speak of but I will check out the breeder site. I recently imported from king of darkness in hungary. Great dogs, full health testing, gorgeous, dense bones, big heads and she titles her dogs in show and work. Wonderful breeder and cares for her dogs. She will want to keep in contact with you and keep track of her dogs and answer any and all questions you may have.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I have imported 3. Not sure of the one you speak of but I will check out the breeder site. I recently imported from king of darkness in hungary. Great dogs, full health testing, gorgeous, dense bones, big heads and she titles her dogs in show and work. Wonderful breeder and cares for her dogs. She will want to keep in contact with you and keep track of her dogs and answer any and all questions you may have.
I'm glad you are happy with your puppy, but don't you think that the breeder knew or should have known he was monorchid before he was sent to you? If you had purchased him locally you would have known also before you took him home, not later when he is 6,000 miles from the breeder.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I could suggest some better over the pond kennels, if I may.

~Sant Kreal kennel~ Sant Kreal in Russia

Dobermann Brat.Ru - Index Pride of Russia- Russia

Dobermann kennel «iz Zoosfery» -Zoosfery in Russia

Welcome to Lipar Land... - Lipar Land in Serbia

Kennel Diamante Nero - Diamante Nero in Italy

... I'll stop now. :)

Look for health testing and show titles. If you are looking for a working doberman from over the pond, it is another ball game. If you need any help, PM me if you want. :)
Nice looking dogs but not where I would go. Too many health problems out of these Eastern European lines, and not enough drive overall for me to consider any of the kennels listed.

·
Bad Wolf
960 Posts
Reactions: Sam1491

·
Registered
142 Posts
My breeder had told me both testicles were down when she sent him. I immediately took him for his first check up when he arrived. Vet said that he could feel both testicles and but to keep an eye out for them. Well the first one dropped and the other one just never made it down. As you know testicles can ascend and descend quite frequently throughout adolescence. But you are right on that one about not being able to see my pup before getting him. And I know how everyone here who wants a dobie from a reputable breeder wants and should visit the dogs and puppy before receiving them. That was the chance I took. The only thing I wont be able to do is stud him out, show or ZTP. I cant really show him in AKC, so that doesn't matter anyways . Same with ZTP since I cant use him for breeding. Other than that he is very healthy, strong and great drive for IPO> And exactly what I was looking for and wanted.

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Dober-Stud
105 Posts
Hi There,

Wondering what ever came of the Testicle deal on your boy, all good now?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
If you're in the UK and looking for a dobe, why not pop along to Crufts this year and have a chat with some of the breeders there? There will be quite a few breeders who have imported Russian bloodlines, if thats the look you like.

If you're looking for a family pet, dobes from British lines tend to have much lower drives than the working line 'Euro' dogs. For your first dobe, maybe you could consider this?

Heres some info about UK breeders. On page 4&5 all the big UK names talk about what they breed for:

Dog World Showcase - Dobermann Feature digital edition

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nope, still descended:( Took him to the vet yesterday, he said it isnt going to come down... no surprise. We'll see what happens. Some have not descended till later. im not counting on it. ill just have too neuter him when the time comes. thx for asking;0

·
Big Enough
104 Posts
Nice looking dogs but not where I would go. Too many health problems out of these Eastern European lines, and not enough drive overall for me to consider any of the kennels listed.
Where would you go? If your top priority is health?

I'm currently researching breeders/lines for my next Dobe and health/longevity is my top concern. Followed by temperament, and then of course ascetics... I like the look of the Euro show lines like Sant Kreal but I'm not opposed to US show lines either. I REALLY just want a healthy long lived dog! I'm beginning to wonder if that even exists in our breed :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts