Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
EUROPEAN DOBERMANS AND BOXERS BRED FOR SIZE AND PERSONALITY CURT OR SANDRA FAUGHN 870-589-0495 - OUR DOBERMANS

They give a 1 year health guarantee, which does not seem all that great. They have both American and European-line dobes. I noticed a Kimbertal Dog in a couple of the pedigrees as well as some Russian Dobes-Tamerlan Slavnoi Stai.

From your post, sounds like you already see red flags, what else did you want folks here to point out?

Have you read the thread on how to evaluate a breeder's practices?

·
Storm's Mom
118 Posts
I glanced over it. Lots of red flags. For one, "breeding for size" makes me feel like they don't care about the standard what-so-ever. It doesn't look like they health test. The dogs definitely don't comply to the standard. Don't be fooled by the fancy "International/National Champion" titles. They're not worth the paper they're printed on. This title means virtually nothing. If you're looking for a Euro dobe, there's quite a few people on here that may be able to direct you to what you're looking for. I know Kansadobe breeds beautiful health tested dogs that have Euro in them.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
chances are -beleive it or not==they most likely charge MORE then if you took a pet from a professional/knowlegable breeder...see if they do the ears-that alone is about 350-500 and a real breeder includes that in the price

also if some of the line is from a notouious puppy milll --do you really think their top priority is quality???

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
and stay away from the puppy pics or it will be hard to walk away
Basil is really cute=blue eyes....

·
Bad Wolf
960 Posts
If you let us know your general location, and the traits you would like your dobe to have I'm sure someone can help you find a reputable breeder. :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
From your post, sounds like you already see red flags, what else did you want folks here to point out?

My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Well the title of my thread was-"Anyone have EXPERIENCE with this breeder?"

Did not really want you to "point out" anything":D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you let us know your general location, and the traits you would like your dobe to have I'm sure someone can help you find a reputable breeder. :)
I am in Chicago. I am looking for a larger Euro Dobe, but with more of a soft, less drivey temperament. I guess you could say I am looking for European looks with American drive. For this reason I was looking at breeders that crossbreed the two types.
We also have a high energy Male Boston Terrier and feel a more laid back female would be best for him.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts

I personally have no experience with this breeder and my guess is that many members here won't have experience with them because they are not a reputable breeder.

You could try the search function on the forums and see if they've been discussed before.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
There are some Euro dobe owners/breeders on this forum. Hopefully one of them will come along and critique the pedigrees. The fact that Kimbertal is there is a definite walk away red flag. You don't have to have first hand experience with a breeder to know whether to purchase a puppy from them. Good luck in your quest.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
I agree. K-tal in the pedigree is enough for me to run the other way. I saw an ad on hoobly for this breeder, selling dogs for $500 :rolleyesww:

The fact that Kimbertal is there is a definite walk away red flag. You don't have to have first hand experience with a breeder to know whether to purchase a puppy from them. Good luck in your quest.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
yea I used to only want a euro because when I googled the websites that came up were really good at cuttign down American...making it seem euro is better
after doing research==it didn't take long--and asking questions...I am now not so hell bent on having a euro...there are several breeders I will buy from and for me it's about the timing

I alredy have a male dobie==high maintenace older dog....not ready for a pup just yet

but keep in mind-=-you are the one who is going to fall in love with the pup and pay all medical bills--the health and pedigree really do matter==

Reactions: Q734

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are some Euro dobe owners/breeders on this forum. Hopefully one of them will come along and critique the pedigrees. The fact that Kimbertal is there is a definite walk away red flag. You don't have to have first hand experience with a breeder to know whether to purchase a puppy from them. Good luck in your quest.
No, but it helps. Sorry I bothered you all. I should have just used the search feature. Silly me thinking this was a forum for communicating on a more direct level.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
No, but it helps. Sorry I bothered you all. I should have just used the search feature. Silly me thinking this was a forum for communicating on a more direct level.
I think everyone was very helpful. Silly me for thinking that.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts

I did in fact previously note the word "experience" in your thread title.

The problem is, no one knowledgeable in Dobermans would even be tempted to have gained personal experience with this type of breeder--they already know better.

So, if you want gullible newbies and folks without much foundation in breed knowledge, to chime in, well you can bet your sweet bippy that's all you'll get, who have EXPERIENCE with this breeder.

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
This thread is already a lost cause.

It is obvious that the OP was clearly looking for people to say what a wonderful choice he is making, and what a beautiful dog he was going to get from them :rolleyesww:

I love it when people actually listen to the advice they're given..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts