Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone planning on going to the shows at the Reliant Center this year? I got the premium list today. Ilka and I went to the Houston KC show last year, and I thought we might go again this year, and do Pre-Novice and WildCard Novice, but I don't see any Non-Regular Obedience classes listed this year. :(

Reactions: ZeldaRules

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
I'm not. I thought about going to watch, but I thought better of it. No point in spending the hotel and gas money if I'm not showing.

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
I'm not. I thought about going to watch, but I thought better of it. No point in spending the hotel and gas money if I'm not showing.
:(
Siri was all excited.

Reactions: Sinister

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Is anyone planning on going to the shows at the Reliant Center this year? I got the premium list today. Ilka and I went to the Houston KC show last year, and I thought we might go again this year, and do Pre-Novice and WildCard Novice, but I don't see any Non-Regular Obedience classes listed this year. :(
We'll be there all 5 days. Not competing in OB classes but will be watching.

Reactions: Sinister

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
:(
Siri was all excited.
I was, too. Its just not smart for me to show just because. I think I FINALLY learned the hard lesson of not just showing because the show is kinda close.

I will get to meet her soon enough, Im sure.

Reactions: Dobiewankanobi

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
I was, too. Its just not smart for me to show just because. I think I FINALLY learned the hard lesson of not just showing because the show is kinda close.

I will get to meet her soon enough, Im sure.
Don't like the judges? I've been advised to pull one of Siri's entries. Need to call Onofrio and get that sorted out.

I have a feeling she'll be with Alisa a bit so I'm sure you'll see her soon enough. She just got back and apparently bonded really well. So well that she didn't want to leave!

I'll be taking a TON of pix at the show so you'll meet her via photo!:D

Reactions: AuraDobe

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
Maybe I will drive down to go to Rummy's and watch the show...ideas.

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Yes! We LOVE Rummy's!

Reactions: ZeldaRules

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
Don't like the judges? I've been advised to pull one of Siri's entries. Need to call Onofrio and get that sorted out.

I have a feeling she'll be with Alisa a bit so I'm sure you'll see her soon enough. She just got back and apparently bonded really well. So well that she didn't want to leave!

I'll be taking a TON of pix at the show so you'll meet her via photo!:D
They all love Alisa. Maybe I will even get to play show dog with Siri!!! Sometimes I get to take her dogs in for breed :)

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
No pre-novice? I haven't looked at the premium list for OB.

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
They all love Alisa. Maybe I will even get to play show dog with Siri!!! Sometimes I get to take her dogs in for breed :)
Clearly. I had myself convinced that there was going to be this dramatic reunion between us and that she missed me dearly. She looked up, wagged the nub, said Hi and then ran back to Alisa. Brat.

Yes! Maybe. I think she said she's only got 3-4 to show that week, but you never know. Siri would love that!

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
I want to go at least one day
and Dobiewan nicely sent me a link
but I can't see where to purchase tickets
or when specifically to show up for DObermans
it's hard to read the website...

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
I want to go at least one day
and Dobiewan nicely sent me a link
but I can't see where to purchase tickets
or when specifically to show up for DObermans
it's hard to read the website...
You can pay for entry at the door. I don't think I've ever actually purchased tickets.

All I know, thus far, is that Dobes will show Weds - Sunday. They don't post the actual times until like a week before the show. I'd like to know also, so I can plan when to stake my claim on a ringside spot to take photos! It'll be the first show for my pup and I'm already geeked out about it!

Reactions: Ruthie

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Aside from the show, I think I'm MOST excited about all the vendors that will be there! Can't wait to hit up FarMoreShade for more crate pads!

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
Aside from the show, I think I'm MOST excited about all the vendors that will be there! Can't wait to hit up FarMoreShade for more crate pads!
DANG IT. I didnt even think about the vendors...

Ugh. Now I have to drive down for one day. Maybe.

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
DANG IT. I didnt even think about the vendors...

Ugh. Now I have to drive down for one day. Maybe.
DUH. Vendors are the best part! I really should make a budget this year. I was shocked at how much I spent on things I "needed" last year.

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
DUH. Vendors are the best part! I really should make a budget this year. I was shocked at how much I spent on things I "needed" last year.
No kidding. I was actually pretty good. I think I got some beds and a necklace.

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
No kidding. I was actually pretty good. I think I got some beds and a necklace.
That's it? I need to shop with you. You have major self restraint. I had everything from car magnets to those stupid roasted nuts that are so delicious. Literally arm fulls of stuff every day.

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
That's it? I need to shop with you. You have major self restraint. I had everything from car magnets to those stupid roasted nuts that are so delicious. Literally arm fulls of stuff every day.
Uh, I didn't count the edibles...;)

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
No pre-novice? I haven't looked at the premium list for OB.
All I saw was Novice A/B, Open A/B, Utility A/B, Graduate Novice, Graduate Open, Versitility and Beginner Novice A/B for Obedience. I even went to the Onofrio website, and the Reliant Series website, and didn't see any other classes. We did Pre-Novice last year, and I know they had WildCard classes.

We got our first Novice leg by the skin of our teeth (170 on the nose), and we need a lot more practice, so that's why I wanted to enter Pre-Novice and WildCard. No point in trying for a title leg when I know she'll be blowing me off because she's distracted. I could enter her in Rally Advanced (more practice) or Excelllent (possible, but unlikely first leg), but I don't want to go for just one class. If we're not entered, I am NOT driving in Houston.

ETA: Yeah, the vendors are great. It was hard to control myself. Even so, I got some cute signs for the fence, and one of the guys at the Venison Joe's booth offered to take Ilka if I ever changed my mind about keeping her.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts