Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone on the forum from the Houston Tx area?
I may have an opportunity over the next couple of years to spend a fair amount of time in the Houston area (South, i think - near the William P Hobby Airport). If it pans out I'd be taking my dogs with me so I'd be looking for an agility and probably a Schutzhund training facility in the area. Also... I'd need to find somewhere to stay - not an apartment or a rental, but more like a hotel or B&B that would allow the dogs.
Anyone got any ideas?? I really appreciate any input.

THANKS!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I live in Clear Lake about 10 minutes south of Downtown. There is tons o fun stuff to do in this area. Your 10 minutes for Downtown, and 20 minutes from the Galveston Strand. As for dog stuff, their are plenty of dog events and many Doberman owners in this area. As far as agility, I know there are some facilities but have no knowledge about them. I believe the Schutzhund Club I belong to is the only one in Houston at the moment. Will you only be here for a few days/weeks/months?

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
I'm in the Katy area (about 30 minutes west of Downtown). HOT (Home) has an agility area. I'm not in to agility so I have no clue how good it is, but lots of people in Houston are in to agility so I'd just google it. Think JCanine has an agility field, but that's probably further than you would want to go.

I know La Quinta allows dogs, but I'm not sure you'd really want to stay there very long. Have you tried craigslist?

Reactions: Shelly

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
Flash Paws agility is in the Houston area.

Reactions: Shelly

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Everyone - I'll start checking into all the suggestions. I'd probably be in the Houston area for approx 2wk at a time....

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
The trainer at J-Canine highly recommended Flash Paws to me for agility. I haven't dabbled in the training yet though. I train with the same guy as TPerkins for obedience. There is a Schutzhund trainer way north of Houston in magnolia the town where I got Prime from, but Prime's breeder and my trainer both did not recommend the guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts