Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
go up on the doberman thread and I know we have some people in the area..I have family in the Belmont area...beautiful place to live.:)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Michele, my name is David and I live in Matthews. You mentioned that you live in Mt. Holly and you have two dobes. I was wondering if you breed because I may be looking to to get my first dobe later on this year. The only problem I currently have is that my wife is giving me a tough time cause she thinks we should adopt a rescue a dog (non-dobe) and I want a dobe. I have been wanting a dobe for well over 25 years and our kids are getting older and now I feel that this is the perfect time to own one. We have another dog which is a rescue and he is 4 and is well trained. I hope I hear back from you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi David, sorry but I am hardly on here anymore! I do not breed but can definitely give you some suggestions of breeders depending on what you are looking for. We do have a Doberman club here in Charlotte as well if you were ever interested. My first suggestion would be rescue of course but I can understand if that isn't always an option for people depending. Feel free to email me as that is the easiest way to contact me.

Michele ([email protected])

·
Registered
8 Posts
Charlotte area

looking to find anyone with dobies in the Charlotte area.
Hello. I am in Cabarrus county, just east of Charlotte. I have had several Doberman's over a 30 year period and there is no other dog like them. I am starting to look for one again, I haven't had one since losing my favorite girl in 2011. Good luck to you.

Donald

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi David, sorry but I am hardly on here anymore! I do not breed but can definitely give you some suggestions of breeders depending on what you are looking for. We do have a Doberman club here in Charlotte as well if you were ever interested. My first suggestion would be rescue of course but I can understand if that isn't always an option for people depending. Feel free to email me as that is the easiest way to contact me.

Michele ([email protected])
Hi Michele,

I would love to have some suggestions on breeders. I will email you if that is ok.

Thanks
Donald

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello. I am in Cabarrus county, just east of Charlotte. I have had several Doberman's over a 30 year period and there is no other dog like them. I am starting to look for one again, I haven't had one since losing my favorite girl in 2011. Good luck to you.

Donald
Hey! Cabarrus County here, too :D I would look into Goldgrove and Schohaus as they're both fairly close.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
grew up in Charlotte. Left in 1983 after I graduated college and went off into the working world. Still have family there. Don't know anybody there with dobes.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looking for a club to bring my dobe to exercise similar to an obstacle course and a good way to get Cali social skills. If anyone knows of a place please let me know. Thanks...David

·
Registered
20 Posts
if there is a charlotte club please post it here as far details, ie, as far as where & when you meet, time, etc..thanks...

Get involved with the local DPCA chapter, DPCC. The chapter meets on Tuesday of each month. Great group of folks. Gold grove owner attends the chapter meeting. Great breeder if you are still looking. Email Pam. There is a meeting this Tuesday evening. I'll be there :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
DPCC and agility

Just saw the posts which are pretty old by now BUT.....we do have monthly meetings but they are not on a certain day anymore. The best way is to go to the website and email Pam. I can certainly let you know as well.

AS for agility in the area, Deb Knowles is the BEST (dog haven agility) as she competes herself and so do many of her students. The charlotte dog training club also has classes in agility as well as obedience 3 times a year. They will be starting again in march I do believe.

If I can be of any other assistance just let me know!

Michele

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Michele, Thank you for posting this information. I would very much like to take Cali for the agility as she enjoys it any kind of exercise. If you can please keep me posted if you wouldn't mind by email so I am aware of where & when they meet. Thank you very much.

David

1 - 18 of 18 Posts