Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if this is common among Dobermans but my pup seems to just kinda "back up" like a truck and dump his load sorta speak. I've usually seen dogs squat while they poop, but Dolce just stands and take a couple steps back and goes at it. Anyone else's doberman do this?

Also, she seems to always have pee stains at the sides of her vagina all the time since she pees and then starts to walk away a little too early. Any way of curbing this?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not that I know of, regarding the pee stains. My girl has the same thing; just wipe with a wet wipe.

As for the backing up and dropping the load? Yes, hahaha! She does that, too. I was wondering if she was the only one who did this.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
That's how Rah poops and everyone at work mocks him because he cannot just squat - he has to pick his special spot and then slowly back up into it...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh man, that made me laugh. very glad to know i'm not the only one with a mack-truck pooper! it's always amusing to watch her poop, as odd as that may sound lol

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
That's how Rah poops and everyone at work mocks him because he cannot just squat - he has to pick his special spot and then slowly back up into it...
I have three of these also.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
LOL Mine backs her mack butt up to the ditch so then I don't even have to pick it up! I often make the BEEP BEEP BEEP to make her feel more like a truck! ;)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Mensa poops like a normal dog, but as soon as she finishes she jumps up in the air and runs at full speed for a few seconds.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Isabelle poops like a "normal" dog but when she is done she goes into the grass & does he "bull dance" - She has always done it. She paws at he ground like a bull but with all four then jumps in the air then trots over to the door to let you know she's done :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess doesnt back up while pooping...but when she pees she does this slight leg lift when she goes on concrete...looks very danty and girly lol.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
If my family saw this thread....they would have me commited, what are you doing in that Doberman talk room with all those nuts talking about how their dogs poop?!

Carol

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Java backs up a bit as well - two or three steps back and I swear sometimes she gets right up on the tips of her toes. She also won't look in my direction, as if she's embarrassed to be watched. The jumping up afterwards happens in the winter when there is snow in the ground or if the grass is a bit too high for her liking.

Diaper wipes are a Doberman owners best friend - just wipe and toss!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hahaha my dog does the back up and then does the bull dance when he's done.
I like to think he's wiping his feet.
Its the funniest thing in the world.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mensa poops like a normal dog, but as soon as she finishes she jumps up in the air and runs at full speed for a few seconds.
Ditto for Harley. It's as if going poop was the best thing that ever happened to him and he needs to celebrate. I thought there was something funny going on in his brain, but now I know it can be a breed characteristic. Thank goodness.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL!!! Dolce does that too! She gets all excited right after she poops.. gallops around for a bit lol

·
Registered
662 Posts
Prince also does this, but he picks his spots backs up swats and does his business, then he waits for me to pick up his mess and he's ready to go, silly dogs.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Rudi does the "hunt and peck."
He sniffs low to the ground and goes back and forth, with each turn he whips his butt around. After hunting and pecking for a few turns, he finally picks his spot and does the typical back arch/hunch. (if he knew I was typing about his ritual........I'm sure he would not be happy. LOL)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts