Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else's Dobe scratch air? LOL every time Odin has a itch near his ear he will take his hind leg and start to scratch the air and then he puts it down and beginning to shake starting from his shoulders to his tail lol, kind of like he just got the shivers. Its funny to see the shiver because I am used to seeing the shake starting from the head to tail. To see Odins tart from his shoulders it just looks so funny. I am assuming that the scratching the air has to do with getting themselves used to not scratching the ears from when they were itchy and freshly done.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Callie does it! I think I've crabbed at her so many times.. nu uh! leave it! over her scratching her ears, that she scratches the air instead :rolleyesww: I'm a monster.. lol

Reactions: o0 sHaDoWoLf 0o

·
U got some splain' to do
244 Posts
Maui does it too. I also have a min pin that does it. It's like they are afraid to really scratch it but just act like they are scratching it and then it's OK. It is funny to watch them. LOL

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep! Sam does it too. I usually offer him some fingers and help him out.
Same here, he pushes his head against my hands and moan and groan. He pushes his head so hard sometimes that when I take my hand away he almost falls. His shaking is just so hilarious because it looks like he's shaking this butt trying to get Down with it. He rarely shakes his head and I am assuming that too is from when his ears were freshly done.

Reactions: sam&macksmom

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
He's kick starting!
Ha! This is what I tell everyone when Jones does it...

I say, no worries he is just kick starting. Watch him run now!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Chevy does it and her ears are natural LOL so it must just be a dobie thing, not from getting used to not scratching their ears lol

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Zeus doesn't do this for his ears, but he does it towards his belly. During allergy season especially, every single time he stands up from laying down he scratches his belly. I honestly think it so much of a habit and not actual itchiness that he does it for the sake of doing it. Especially since most of the time its exactly 4 scratches to the right, 4 to the left, and most of the time he doesn't even scratch anything. Sometimes I'll tell him "Zeus quit it" so he will instead stand there and shake his legs until the typical 8 seconds is passed.

I have to say he is a rather skilled scratcher (poor guy is driven nuts during the spring/fall), and he can lay down and gently scratch the inside of his ear (sticking his toe completely inside it), then move on to front of his nose, and he does so ever so gently.

Luckily it hasn't been as bad as above in a long time, but it was obvious when I got him that he's been in this much hell over 'itchiness' for a longggg time.

His funniest thing he does like scratching the air, is chasing his nub. He'll start huffing and puffing like a low bark almost, then wag his nub super fast and jump side to side. This also usually ends in the zoomies once he realizes he will never ever be able to actually grab is nubber.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Malia will do that when she tries to scratch standing up, then she figures out that it isnt working. At this point she will either to the whole body shake, or demand one of the humans take care of the itchies....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts