Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there's any groomers in the area that have experience with Dobermans? My current groomer is moving to cedar city and the last place I took Ray they seemed kinda skeptical on handling a Doberman and were pretty nervous. I stayed and helped to comfort the staff lol and Ray was a perfect little angel and they were very impressed. But I'd feel a lot better if I could find a groomer that is familiar and not intimidated... Ya know what I mean?

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
I think most people here do them their selfs brush about once a week and brush teeth and dremel nails is all that they usually need maybe a bath twice a year.

·
sandy2233
2,474 Posts
I would reccomend you calling National Dog Groomers Association and ask Jeff or his wife to find you a certified or Master Groomer. You can google the assoc and I'm sure you can get the phone number. I would look it up for you but my directory is at work. Most of the certified/Master groomers believe in continuing education and alot of them attend the handling classes at a show if they are offered. I just gave a referral to someone living in Arizona and she just loved the gal and said she did an awesome job on her goldie. Good luck.

·
Achilles' Mom
10 Posts
If you still need a good groomer in the SLC area, my sister is a wonderful groomer. She has lots of experience with my Dobie and is wonderful, even with more aggressive dogs of any breed. She works at Petsmart in Riverdale. I can give you more info if anyone wants!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts