Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cat is actin wierd... she comes in the house eats like crazy and then goes outside and loses two or three pounds comes in and gains it back.... she is already skittish towards anyone but me... and i dont like anyone touching her withoutme because she is awnrey. and she was kicked when she was a baby and stepped on... before i got her... she only trusts me and i dont know what to do... because i know there has to be a mental problem there or so mething does anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
421 Posts
She looses this weight over how long? Keep her inside and see what she does. Otherwise take her to the vet for sobservation to see how she looses it.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
First I would suggest calling your vet and find out what they think it can be, or if they need you to take her in. Get all the tests done on her and let them know what all is going on. Vets are trained to handle cats, as well as cats that don't like people and will pull their teeth and claws out to get away from them. Also keep her indoors for a few days before you can get her into the vets office if you can.

Please keep us updated.

39 Posts
whiteandblue said:
my cat is actin wierd... she comes in the house eats like crazy and then goes outside and loses two or three pounds comes in and gains it back.... she is already skittish towards anyone but me... and i dont like anyone touching her withoutme because she is awnrey. and she was kicked when she was a baby and stepped on... before i got her... she only trusts me and i dont know what to do... because i know there has to be a mental problem there or so mething does anyone have an idea?

Hey
What do you mean loses two or three pounds outside. Throwing up or what?
She must have been mistreated befor you got her. Now she only trust you because you keep her safe. That will most likely wont change.
You might want to have her checked for worms on this gaining weight and then loseing it until she eats again.
Hope this helps.
Patricia Diane Sellers

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well she comes in for a week and will gain about two to three pounds... then she goes outside for about three or four days and i dont think she is eating at all while she is out there because when she comes back in she is light as air...

she weighs less than five subject note book...after being out for four or five days... then she gets hungry enough or doesnt have the energy to make it anymore so she comes in for a week or so then does it all over.... :(

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
so take her to a vet! i didnt think that would have to be explained to a med student...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Does she have her shots? Don't let her outside anymore. If she is sick she oculd be infecting other peoples pets.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
she has all her shots...and hasnt had any sickness signs... no goopy eyes... no goopy nose... just being her self when she came in today... she was actually on the bed with my hubby... and that is so wierd.. i wonder if she is just mad because the dogs are still here... could that be why she is doing this... i wanna take her to the vet but they wanna always keep her and i dont want them to keep her... she is alreadcy stressed out..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Er... I'm a little confused. So what you're saying is that you'll let her outside and she'll disappear for a few days and when she finally comes home she displays strange behavior and looks sickly?

If so, I'd make an appointment with your vet to check her over ASAP. I would also think about trying to make her into an indoor only kitty. Much safer for her but I know it's easier said than done.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
whiteandblue said:
well she comes in for a week and will gain about two to three pounds... then she goes outside for about three or four days and i dont think she is eating at all while she is out there because when she comes back in she is light as air...

she weighs less than five subject note book...after being out for four or five days... then she gets hungry enough or doesnt have the energy to make it anymore so she comes in for a week or so then does it all over.... :(
Take her to the vet. If they have to keep her overnight, let them! Then keep her as an inside only cat. Outside cats have a shorter life span and often die a painful death.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes she was inside till i brought the dobers home then she was mad so she went out and was mad... now she is inside for a week and gaining weight... thank god... and im happy... but it worries me cause when we leave i have to check before i walk out to make sure she isnt behind me... normally she wont be because the dogs are but dang it...i want her inside but my dobes keep chasing her... and it bothers me... and i shoot them with the water gun and they stop then do it again ... AAAAH!!! will do that tired of all the chasin and sickness ugh....

·
Registered
416 Posts
Trinity does the samething and I have 3 cats. Right now I have a cat cage that the cats can go in and out of through to top and the bottom but trinity can't go through. i built it myself. I will be adding photos of my cat cage to my photo gallery. I would put them here but I have 5 of them. Before I had the cage I would lock my cats up in the back of the house and leave trintiy in the front of the house. They didn't seem to mind. Trinity still chases them every now and then but she never does anything to them. When she first started to chase them before I did anything I stopped to see how both trinity and the cats reacted and it turned out that trinity was picking up the kittens in her mouth and caring them around the house. Most of the time the cat didn't care but I soon learned that when they didn't want her messing with them they swated at her and it didn't take trinity long to figure out that they didn't want her to mess with them. Sometimes you have to let the cat swat them so the cat can train the dog.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes that is wat jupiter does to them he knocks em out with that paw... but she runs poor kid... she was abused before i rescued her...so maybe she will knock em out... i wish i could get her too so they will leave her alone... thanks prettdobie

·
Registered
323 Posts
Prettydobie said:
Trinity does the samething and I have 3 cats. Right now I have a cat cage that the cats can go in and out of through to top and the bottom but trinity can't go through. i built it myself. I will be adding photos of my cat cage to my photo gallery. I would put them here but I have 5 of them. Before I had the cage I would lock my cats up in the back of the house and leave trintiy in the front of the house. They didn't seem to mind. Trinity still chases them every now and then but she never does anything to them. When she first started to chase them before I did anything I stopped to see how both trinity and the cats reacted and it turned out that trinity was picking up the kittens in her mouth and caring them around the house. Most of the time the cat didn't care but I soon learned that when they didn't want her messing with them they swated at her and it didn't take trinity long to figure out that they didn't want her to mess with them. Sometimes you have to let the cat swat them so the cat can train the dog.
I agree. Gkar does not have any issues at all with my cat. They will actually play hunt with each other. Mary the cat hides in the plants around the house then stalks and attacks GKar just like a lion going after a wildebeast. She stands on her hind legs and grabs him around the neck or rump then turns arround and he chases her until he flips her with a paw. He acts totally different with the two cats I'm watching now. They hiss and swat when he tries to nose them and that tends to iritate him a little bit.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol... i wonder if my dobes will change or always chase them? what do you guys think.... i think that they will or at least i hope they will... and i hope my dobes get as good as yours.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Same here 2 of my cats are over the age of 5 years and trinity is the frist dog they have every lived with so it took a while for them to even somewhat let her get close to them. Just to give you and idea of how long it took. I got trinty when she was 2 months old and she is now a 1 1/2 year old. When trintiy was about 9 months old is when they started warming up to her. My other cat sereinty(kitten) I got her when she was 2 motnhs old and she has just turned a year old. I got trinity in march and I got serenity (kitten) in Febuary. I have a photo up of trinity and serenity sleeping together in my bed up in my photo gallery.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OH my gosh.... that is so long... ill check it... definately but thanks so much for the idea of time length i may be looking at...Cats are wierd and off the wall sometimes but thanks so much for giving me that idea....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts