Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use the automatic food delivery sites/programs? I keep getting emails from companies like Pet Flow and Pet Food Delivered. Pet Flow says they will match local pricing including the frequent buyer program.

When I purchase locally, I do like to get the bags that are still shrink wrapped and no air has leaked inside. I think that helps with freshness. That's one concern I would have ordering online.

Any thoughts or concerns or happy customers out there?

·
Super Moderator
22,021 Posts
Yes. I love mrchewy.com and am really happy with their service. I have my cat food auto-delivered from them.

Reactions: KCFilley

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Yep, I use Mr Chewy, too. I have also used other services but Mr Chewy is the only one to use fed ex with 2 day delivery. The others used UPS with three day, which was okay, but sometimes the packing was popcorn...not wanted.

I do have trouble changing delivery dates or changing my order, I rotate foods. Did manage to change the order once, but since then have not been able to figure out how to do it again...had to call. Couldn't change delivery date, so just cancelled as the deliveries were gaining on me. Had just opened my last bag when they were going to send another.

The only thing I don't like about auto delivery is you can't price shop among companies and if you order a brand with a good price, the price won't hold till shipment. Rather, the price will be what the prices are on the day of shipment.

I do like ordering online because I don't have to pay sales tax or use gas to travel to purchase place. Travel is 30 miles one way here becasue the local places don't have the Natures Variety, Acana or Orijen as it is delivered by a different company than Innova, Solid Gold, Merrick, Wellness, etc.

I LOVE it being put at my doorstep!!!

·
Collar Connoisseur
908 Posts
I've ordered from PetFlow, MrChewy, Petfooddirect, doggiefood.com and nameless others, I do like to comparison shop and I only sign up for the auto delivery to get the extra discount. Then I cancel it. So far all my bags of food have come in a timely manner and the bags were air tight. No complaints so far. Also with their sales and no tax works out a lot cheaper than buying locally. As LindaH said, I too love having a bag of food at my doorstep :roflmao:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I just set up auto-delivery with petflow a couple weeks ago ... all I can say is the first bag came just fine! :p

Up to a certain point, I put a higher premium on time than $$, so I am pretty excited about this option. It seemed like every 3 weeks I'd turn around and need to figure out when I could get to my local specialty store during its ridiculously limited hours (for people who work full-time). Plus, the bags are heavy so that's an exercise I'm glad to skip. Petflow had a more expensive base price than my local place, but did not charge tax, and the delivery is free - so it's about a wash for me.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just set it up for Petflow as well. The first bag is normally $66.99 at my local specialty shop and this was $55 with the discounts. Hopefully the delivery folks will bring it down to my front door instead of leaving it outside the gate where the raccoons will get it. This could be nice.

Reactions: LindaH

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanted to let you guys know I've been doing this since June and love it. I order from Pet Flow. Every 12 days a fresh bag of food is on my door step plus Pet Flow will give me the same free bag with every 12 I order. So far this has been a good thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts