Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of your doberkids "stalk"?? I was told by Lexy's breeder that this is a dobie habit!
And as silly as it sounds, she does it!! Her mom does it too. I've never seen another dog stalk like this!! It's a hoot to watch them do it to eachother, because they obviously see eachother!

Lexy will LITERALLY tip toe VERY slowly to sneak up on something, whether it be Harley or one of the cats. It's a riot!!! I mean she will actually freeze with a foot in the air and hold it if they look at her and even go so far as to slowly step backwards!! She acts like a cat!!

:3dbiggrin :3dbiggrin

·
Registered
460 Posts
:thumbs-up Yes, I have a stalker here! It's so adorable to watch Ava stalk Scoob while he's not paying attention but when he catches her, they have a little stand off, til one runs away, barking. I can't say that I've seen her stalk the cats but she's certainly good at creeping around on Scooby.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohh that's so cool! I can't help it I just laugh at lexy when she does it and she usually gives me a look like " come on mom, play it cool and shush, I got something going on here"

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've always wondered too if it was a Doberman trait and apparently it is. Aside from stalking, she's real good at sneaking around in general. For example, I have to send Ava in another room while we eat dinner because Brian will sneak her food under the table like a little kid. :rolleyes: I swear, I never hear her walk across the house, into the dining room and cram herself under the table but I'll go to move my foot and there she is, looking so innocent. :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Lol, Gracie is a stalker. She stalks the cats the grill (if food is on it) us and so on. If I am on the deck doing something and not paying attention to her she will stalk me and bump me in the butt or something then she will sit right down so I can pet her. Watching her stalk the cats is funny. I also get the same look Jessie. We humans can't be quiet I guess. Does Lexus also shake her little butt if she's laying down going to stalk something? Gracie has done that more times than I care to count. I can't stop laughing when I see her do that. LOL. Crazy dogs. But we love them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Pyper will 'stalk' King when she sees him (And he sees her). She will also do it to Tigger her 'little buddy' the Yorkie. She will not, however, do it to a dog she does not know.

·
Registered
323 Posts
GKar does it. He does it to me when I take the trash out then as I turn back towards the house I will run at him and then its a mock fight. He loves to play.

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Yes Takira does that with anything in the yard, birds, rabbits or the neighbors dogs. She just freezes staring, then will slowly go down on her belly in a springing like stance. Then when the time is right she springs up and runs after her prey. :D Quite funny

TD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts