Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and was hoping to get some feedback from the group on Vom Tugendhaft K9's in Virginia. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was not aware of the other breeds. Can ask where that information came from? All I have been able to find relates to their breeding of doberman.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Im in Virginia and never heard of them?

Reactions: Sinister

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback; we will mark them off the list. We are actually in PA, just outside of Philadelphia. We are looking more for a family companion; however we are considering training for therapy. I am fairly new to the forum and would value any information regarding breeders in the tri-state area.

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
You train with 2 (or more!) breeders of working dogs who live in Virginia. You don't recommend either of them? I'm sure they won't be happy to hear that!
Let me stop before I dig myself a deeper hole.

I know of (one?) people who could potentially have litters that live in VA.
that being said, I don't know of how or where to send them for contact information, or even if they have planned litters.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
For those who know of good breeders in the VA/PA/Surrounding areas lets get off of working breeders in VA and suggest a good breeder for this OP who wants a pet and possible therapy dog :D

I think Fitzmar is up there, you can Google them for their webpage.
There are a few other good breeders up there but I"m on my phone so I am having a hard time looking them up.

·
Premium Member
8,734 Posts
For those who know of good breeders in the VA/PA/Surrounding areas lets get off of working breeders in VA and suggest a good breeder for this OP who wants a pet and possible therapy dog :D

I think Fitzmar is up there, you can Google them for their webpage.
There are a few other good breeders up there but I"m on my phone so I am having a hard time looking them up.
I believe I've already emailed with them.

Reactions: Sinister

·
Registered
16 Posts
Run far. Where are you in VA? I don't trust any breeder in the state. Are you looking for a working dog? I can probably help you find a real Schutzhund breeder.
Whoa this is such an aggressive point of view! I don't really understand why people can be so forceful about what they like and what they don't when they don't have any experience themselves. I guess this post really jumped out at me because I used to live in Virginia and I have friends who train with Armin and do privates. I know you're like 15 years old and you're on your first dog and I totally think that's awesome but you seem to be trying to act older and more experienced than you are. Your posts can cause some damage, you know, because people will listen to you not knowing who they are listing to.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Shadeko is in PA. :)

And I'd have lots of questions about cardio screening being done, on those dogs.

OP, if you want a pet/companion, you can start with the DPCA breeder referral list, then do your due diligence on each breeder you research.

There's a sticky here, on finding a good breeder/buying a Doberman puppy.

First and foremost, make sure the pup's ancestors are being screened annually for cardio disease, by holter monitor and echo, and that the PDK4 marker has been checked. Other annual tests would include thyroid and liver.

The ancestors should also have been checked for hip dysplasia, and results verified with OFA. vWD status of the parents should be documented, as well.

Good luck in your search--this can be an intimidating job, trying to buy a good Doberman puppy from an ethical breeder who gives the pups and their new families the best chance at a good experience.

Be prepared for a wait, and some legwork, but it will be so worth it, hang in there.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
And I'd have lots of questions about cardio screening being done, on those dogs.
As far as pat's breeding program is concerned. I don't think it is right for you to say that she doesn't test for cardio. How do you know what she does or doesn't do? Only Pat can answer that question. She does show her dogs in conformation and obedience. If you want answers about Pat's dogs I would contact her directly. I am sure she'd be more then happy to discuss her breeding program with you and answer any and all questions you may have.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts