Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.cutnapathdobermans.com

Above is the web site.....Breeder in NH...
I did not see any health testing results on the site.. Red Flag.
If anyone could give move information on this breeder it would be helpful.

Someone had called me about a puppy a couple of days ago. Although, I do think Layla is pregnant, I do not have any puppies right now.

This nice man and his girlfriend are searching for a puppy right now.. They really do not know what to ask, only said the puppy is fully papered..
Oh well, hate that term.. BYB term...
They found a puppy from the above breeder....I just do not want this couple to get a sick puppy..
Thanks

·
MOATS
1,922 Posts
Ali is active in Schutzhund and owns Har'ras Brenna (litter mate to Har'ras Bane's Family Jewel, Ha'Ras Boeing vom Wüstensturm, Bruno vom Wüstensturm, etc.), who was handled at the IDC by Matt Arpano in 2009 and 2010.

I don't know what her health testing consists of, but I wouldn't call not putting information on a website an automatic red flag, especially when there's not much of anything on the website to begin with. If you want to know what sort of health testing she does, why not just call her up and ask?

Reactions: Wil

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Ali could hardly be considered a BYB, she rarely breeds as far as I know. Her female Brenna is a very nice working bitch that is titled.

I don't know much about her other bitch, I know Matt is also doing the training I believe. I am familiar with the pedigree as a friend owns a litter mate.

I don't believe her website has been updated in a long time! Are these people looking for a pet Doberman only??

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ali could hardly be considered a BYB, she rarely breeds as far as I know. Her female Brenna is a very nice working bitch that is titled.

I don't know much about her other bitch, I know Matt is also doing the training I believe. I am familiar with the pedigree as a friend owns a litter mate.

I don't believe her website has been updated in a long time! Are these people looking for a pet Doberman only??
Yes they are looking for a pet...Not a working dog...I have never heard of her or does another NH ethical breeder friend...
You just can't be to cautious about health testing..I have no idea if the web site is up to date or not...Never visited it until last night..
These people are newbes and I am trying to educate them into asking the right questions and seeing documented health testing done in hand...
We all know all doberman puppies are adorable.. I am just looking out for them so they do not buy a puppy, fall in love with it and than it drops dead of DCM at 3.....

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Yes they are looking for a pet...Not a working dog...I have never heard of her or does another NH ethical breeder friend...
You just can't be to cautious about health testing..I have no idea if the web site is up to date or not...Never visited it until last night..
These people are newbes and I am trying to educate them into asking the right questions and seeing documented health testing done in hand...
We all know all doberman puppies are adorable.. I am just looking out for them so they do not buy a puppy, fall in love with it and than it drops dead of DCM at 3.....
Well I think any breeder you go to you can of course still end up with a dog that dies of DCM at 3. Ethical or not. :-( But certainly one that tests can narrow the odds a little.

I have no idea who she bred to but I'm sure it would have been from working lines. I would not think a puppy from this litter would be suitable for a first time pet owner that's for sure! ;)

Reactions: Asmit

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
So apparently some of my information is incorrect, so yes I would say do some more investigating. :rolleyesww:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I would definitely look into to them further as their website is very veg... But i always tell people buyer beware and do your homework.
These people want a puppy yesterday and are not willing to wait for a puppy so their gonna do whatever to get one "Now"
They will have to live with any decision they make.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Well I'm just glad they have someone (breeder) who will help find them a puppy from a reputable, ethical breeder.

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Registered
121 Posts
I WOULD buy a dog from her Ali Baker, Jason Bane and John Kowalczyk's. They Title, and Health test the dogs they breed, But only if I was looking for a Working Prospect. Bruno,Brenna,Bane's Family jewel- The B Litter produced some of the top working dobes and in different venues/discipline. Thats just my .2 cents. I know Bruno is fully health tested. I am pretty sure the most of his siblings were health tested too before breeding. It's been awhile so I can't remember off the top of my head.

not to mention I am Biased as I love Baron v lechfeld. and Evita and Alfred in their own right were the type of dobermann I bet a lot of us wish we had more dogs like.

Dobermannpedigrees.nl - The world's largest database! littermate to Ali's dog.

http://www.belllavorodobes.com/web2/Citto_v_d_Wudritz__x__HaRas_Boe.html#SGROBJ7D8C1F2A3235B1- health tested
and multiple titles in different venues. - Littermate to Ali's dog.

http://usadobermann.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=breed&action=display&thread=247

(excerpt from interview with John)
The dogs currently working are:
Bane’s Family Jewel, Sch 3 (UDC Sch 3 Champion) - owned by Jason Bane
Boeing (Jet), Sch 3 (UDC Sch 2 Champion) - owned by Terri Clary
Brenna, Sch 3 (IDC Competitor), owned by Ali Baker, handled by Matt ??
Bruno, Sch 2, owned and handled by Tammy Kowalczyk
Belle, Bh? - owned by Alvin Clemmons

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ali is very definitely NOT a BYB, as stated above. She works with Sue LeClair from von Haus Gebet, too. Your puppy buyers would have to have a very Dobe-savvy trainer at their disposal, b/c these pups are not for novice owners, I don't think. Talk about agile, curious, strong and confident puppies...

Ali responds to emails quickly, so send her a msg from the website. I met Brenna and Skila this past weekend. In the pouring rain, Brenna was absolutely determined to dive into the pond for a swim... and she did once she was allowed. How many of us have Dobes who are so game for water? Very cool girl.

Sue had a litter this week that I have to imagine is all spoken for. I believe Kiziah has a litter that is on the ground, too. I think all but one are spoken for.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Working Dobe people in NH know exactly who Ali and Sue are, and think highly of their dogs. I've got nothing but good things to say about the temperaments of the Cutn'apath and von Haus Gebet Dobes I've encountered so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts