Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frznbuns topic reminded me of a problem...(not really a problem more just like annoying behavior) that Duchess has. Duchess likes to every once and awhile like when she is chasing our lab and she finally catches him...she will keep lunging at him and barks at him...more in a growling manner...and then our lab who is shy of people and startled by other dogs will get scared of her and stop and get low to the ground...and roll over. Meanwhile, Duchess will just in a play stance with her front legs down and her butt up...she will Bark, bark, bark, bark, bark (in a high pitch normal play bark) at him then maybe lunge at him again while growling and barking...no mean bites. ALso, when we say "it's time to go inside" Duchess will look over to him...then run at him and lunge at him and bark bark bark..and not let him run in the house that easily. She never does any harm or hurts him...its just sooooo annoying.
:sadcry:

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Chi does the same thing to Petri (my chihuahua mix), especially when it's time to come inside. I now put her in a sit stay and allow him to come in first (kind of gives him a head start). I watch their play closely. She is so much larger than he is and although she is never acting aggressively toward him, she wants to play pretty rough and he just can't.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sasha does exactly the same thing to Darmok. If they go outside together, Sasha seems to be obsessed with barking right up in Dar's face! And it's like some weird sort of game to her, but Dar doesnt act like she's getting much enjoyment out of the game!:) Then when it's time to go back inside, Sasha will run as fast as she can to beat Dar to the door, and stand there in a strange stance like she's sneaking up on Dar, and does the bark~bark~bark thing! She never tries to start a fight, just that annoying gamey thing. In the year and a half that I've had both girls, they have only gotten into a real fight maybe one time--over a peanut butter stuffed Kong, of all things!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EXACTLY haha COOL! THANKS GUYS! It is definatly a weird game...but they never get into fights so I guess it's nothing to worry about

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it is! she only does it to Coco our lab. Weird. at the dog park she is the perfect little angel. haha.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Weird.....no....Common......Yes. My girl does it alot, especially at the dog park. Its just they way they want to initiate play....The High pitch barking is a lets play bark. Its quite annoying, my girl still does that at 14 months. Is your girl a runner or a chaser. It does seem, to me atleast, that they want the other one to run, and they will gladly chase them....My girl is a chaser......

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
You know for the longest I thought Chi was responding to joggers aggressively. Today though I think I have a different opinion. We were in the front yard when a jogger approached, he slowed a bit and commented on how pretty Chi was and then sped back up. She bowed, jumped and barked but it was all "let's play chase!" not at all aggressive... Maybe Momma needs to chill a bit and have a little more faith in her pooch....

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aww yeah Duchess is real great with people she will run/trot up to the fence bark at first but then run back to me like she wants me to throw the ball now! lol I have a lot of faith in Duch...she loves people...and I actually had a bad dream last night...We were hanging out in the front yard with Duchess and coco(my lab) and they werent on a leash for some reason. The guy across the street was gardening...except we didnt know him...it wasnt my normal house and neighborhood...well duch took off running to go and greet him...to just say hi and wiggle her butt and give kisses...well for some reason while he was gardening he had a plastic bat in his hand...and i was afraid he was going to hit Duch with it just cause she is a doberman that is running up to him...but then Duch just decided to turn around and run back to me. (maybe because it was my dream...and i can kinda control what i didnt want to happen) i dont know...thought I'd share. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts