Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI there! I am new to the forum and we are looking into getting a Doberman puppy... I had a Doberman years ago (she was a rescue case) and I have always wanted another. We are attempting to do as much research as possible and find the perfect pup for our home. I have been searching for several months and just haven't found what we are looking for. We are not looking to breed by any means we are just looking for a pet, so adoption is always an option! I have found a few breeders but I have also researched and as everything goes I have found not so good reviews. I am just trying to see if anyone knows of either a reputable breeder or adoption center near our area, or even if anyone knows of a dobe in need of a home. We live on a farm and are extremely active with our dogs, we trail ride, hike, I even rotate bringing them into work with me. I have been involved with therapy dogs Inc. , R.E.A.D, search and rescue, and have always played with rally, obedience, and agility. We currently have 2 dogs now, an 8yr old retired border collie (who sleeps 90% of the day) and a 1yr old border collie who is in desperate need of a playmate to rough house and romp with. Any information, guidance, or advice would be greatly appreciated! And feel free to ask any questions! :thanx:

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Terradel dobermans - Teri Dugan is an excellent breeder in TN. You can find her contact info on the DPCA breeder referral section at DPCA.org If not she could referr you to someone.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Teri is a wonderful breeder and a great Lady. I know of a red male that is a yr old looking for his forever home in TN. He was kept back for show but sadly did not turn out. He would need to go to a home with no other males though. I also know of a few up coming breeding's in KY which would mean spring puppies if everything turns out. Feel free to email me or call me.

·
Still a Pup
2,733 Posts
Terradel dobermans - Teri Dugan is an excellent breeder in TN. You can find her contact info on the DPCA breeder referral section at DPCA.org If not she could referr you to someone.
I didn't realize she was still breeding. I think east TN doberman rescue is still around too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You Guys! I will definitely look into Terri, and I did try and see about A pinsch of heaven but they require a completely fenced yard in order to adopt, which unfortunately we at this time do not have a completely fenced dog yard. We have plans for one in the future though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts